+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pioneer PL600X on ebay

I'm Julian.

Default Pioneer PL600X on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-P...0AAOSw4wZd6Tup

Hi All

In case anyone is interested in this, I had bought it from the buyer (who used a different ebay account) previously. They claimed I removed one of the feet - no one of the feet is missing and the entire suspension is knackered. Ebay refunded me, buyer went bonkers with rage and anger. It needs new springs which are super hard to obtain, unless you can come up with a DIY option. Be careful....

Thanks

I'm Chris.

t'bay increasingly seems a dubious place to buy hi-fi.

Unlike TEBAY which is a great place to eat!!
    Chris.

I'm Roger.

Received a supposed Thorens TD160 Super from ebay today. But it's not. It's a standard TD160 that someone has applied some mastic damping to the chassis and subchassis inside. Seller is adamant that it is a Super because it has been put into a Super plinth and therefore it must be a Super. He did advertise it as parts or not working so I'm not entirely sure what to do about this as he won't budge but anyway I can use the parts as I have quite a collection of Thorens decks.

I'm Grant.

different mat, used no foam damping in the springs, and the undersides of the motorboard and sub-chassis were damped with bituminous felt. The plastic TD160 armboard was replaced with a high density version and left blank to incorporate many different tonearms apart from the standard Thorens TP16. The standard cabinetry surround was replaced with a larger, more solid one and the plastic dustcover hinges were replaced with metal ones and the top trim facia received a slightly different paint scheme.
    That's basically the did between the 160mk2 and a super
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dominic.

Quote Originally Posted by hornucopia View Post
    t'bay increasingly seems a dubious place to buy hi-fi.
    Spot on.

The last 4 items I have bought off ebay have all been duds. A CD player with no digi outs, a Cairn amplifier with a stuffed volume control, an "untested" (so the seller said) Marantz player with the laser dead. Today I received a Hitachi all in one system and there are no speakers or remote as listed and to top things off the components had only one turn of bubble wrap around them so got damaged in transit. There are some real dipsticks and shysters on ebay these days.
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Lawrence.

To be fair a few items I've bought off the various Hifi forums I'm a member of have been posted in a single or double layer of bubble wrap and move around freely in the large thin boxes they've used. It's not an issue with eBay just a lack of understanding or care in certain people who don't just use eBay but could also be selling things in these forums.

I'm Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by nonuffin View Post
    Spot on.

The last 4 items I have bought off ebay have all been duds. A CD player with no digi outs, a Cairn amplifier with a stuffed volume control, an "untested" (so the seller said) Marantz player with the laser dead. Today I received a Hitachi all in one system and there are no speakers or remote as listed and to top things off the components had only one turn of bubble wrap around them so got damaged in transit. There are some real dipsticks and shysters on ebay these days.
    I’ve also had my fair share of dipstick buyers too, hi fi equipment seems to be especially bad at attracting them.

I'm brian.

Still think think there s far more genuine sellers against bad ones. Rarely had a problem on eBay. It seems we have to exaggerate everything on the negative side these days.

I'm Geoff.

Stupid seller meets stupid buyer = problems.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Still think think there s far more genuine sellers against bad ones. Rarely had a problem on eBay. It seems we have to exaggerate everything on the negative side these days.
    +1

I've just looked through my 2019 purchases; over 100, mostly hifi and computer related .... not one dud among the lot of them.
    In the last month: a Fostex dac and a Mac Mini 2012 - both immaculate and both sent perfectly packaged within one day of auction.

Must be doing something wrong

+ Reply to Thread