+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: 1.8kg copper turntable mat (Puresound Rubato)

montesquieu Guest

Default FS: 1.8kg copper turntable mat (Puresound Rubato)

Selling my copper turntable mat - when I acquired this I was told it could either be a Puresound Rubato, either that or the Micro Seiki CU180. On digging into it further it’s identical in specification to the Puresound Rubato, Puresound’s pure copper mat that was subsequently replaced by the Tenuto, which substitutes gunmetal for copper.

Specification:

• 293mm diameter top / 287mm underneath - fits Garrard/Technics platters indeed I was using this on both my 401 and Thorens TD124.
    • 1.8kg weight
    • 3mm thickness

The earlier 3mm Tenuto is a bit lighter at 1.4kg, the current 5mm Tenuto is closer to the 1.8kg weight of the 3mm copper one. It has two functions, the first is to add mass for speed stability purposes, the second to provide a platter surface. I have recently sold the 401 and since I already have the 5kg Schopper platter and matching bearing on the TD124, adding an additional 1.8kg is not required so I am returning to the standard mat for now pending finding something with less mass.

Neither the Rubato nor Micro Seiki are made any more indeed copper mats to this spec or quality are very hard to come by. Condition is generally very good but there are a few blemishes here and there - nothing that detracts from the look of the thing on a turntable.

I’m looking for £275 for this including shipping.

I'm Grant.

Very pretty. Even just for aesthetics alone it's gotta be worth the price. Almost certain to at least hold its value too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Stuart.

Pmd

I'm Mike.

Is the left tonearm for playing the record backwards?
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Grant.

Strange thought
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Is the left tonearm for playing the record backwards?
    The rear arm is dedicated to mono - several mono cartridges at different tip sizes for different eras, dedicated mono SUT, phono stage also handles equalisation for pre-RIAA recordings (Columbia, NAB etc). It's well worth the effort.

montesquieu Guest

this is now sold.

I'm Grant.

Didn't think it would last long
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread