+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IsoAcoustic Pucks

I'm John.

Default IsoAcoustic Pucks

I have over the past months been promoting the use of a few different suspension footers to use within a system, it started with the support for a Source and went on to be used as Speaker support as well.

My introduction to the footers was through purchases I was making for my up and coming investigations into isolation, now I feel I have very little left to achieve in building my system.
    Exhibiting at Wam Show last year, was a major contribution to my decision I have come to.
    Hoo Rah for that, I am now free to play with accessories and what ever floats my boat.

Most who have used my choice of Suspension feet have experienced noticeable perceptions of a improved SQ.
    The feet I own are Solid Tech 'Feet of Silence' and Audio Technica AT-616.
    Either of these are quite a expensive purchases as footers and even difficult to come by, if the AT-616 was sought.

My local group have used the ' Feet of Silence' and have been impressed by them, to the point they have been seeking more affordable suspension footers from different companies to trial.
    At present it would seem from the correspondence, that they have discovered a footer that is delivering when set up in different systems and being placed at different positions within the system.

I have shared with the group, my exploits into other areas of investigation using my feet, with other individuals outside of the local group.
    This feed back, I will presume has triggered their willingness to be more investigative in their trials with their new affordable footer of choice.

The footer at present getting the positive appraisals is the IsoAcoustic Puck, this is the basic model from the brand.
    It is being used under Analogue and Digital Sources as well as Speakers.
    The report it did positive things with ESL 63's is off real interest, as I have only encouraged use of mine on Floor Stander and Stand Mounted Cabinet Speakers.
    I did once try to encourage the 63's to be used with my feet but the time ran out on the session being had.
    In general the local group are off the opinion that there experiences of the use of the Pucks in their systems are the way forward, and I know at present more Pucks are being purchased to increase their usage under other devices.

I would not call these a cheap footer, but are a footer that has the potential to make positive improvements, from the feed back I am receiving, they might even be a close match to other designs that function as a similar support for a much more substantial outlay.

Would be good to hear if anybody else has had a positive experience with IsoAcoustic Pucks.

I'm Steve.

They do seem expensive but I think I remember a glowing write up in HIFI World for the even more expensive ones.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do make a positive difference though.

I have found better isolation really helps kit.

I bought some Blue Horizon spike cups for my speakers and it made quite an improvement. More than I expected.

It would however be an investment of £350+ for my speakers and I wonder if upgraded speaker wire would be better.
    Thorens TD550, Ortofon 12", Ortofon Jubilee or Koetsu Black; Rothwell MCL SUT, VTL 2.5 pre, XTC POW 1 power; Naim CD5x; KEF Reference 3.2's; Van den Hul interconnects and speaker cables.

I'm Phil.

yes i have used the iso pucks under 6 lots of speakers , they made an improvement in sound in all of them . i use them under a lot of kit now and just got 8 mini iso pucks for around 80 quid

P1060755 by , on Flickr

iso pucks are around 43 quid for 2 so pretty good vfm

https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/monitor-i...SABEgIOPPD_BwE
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Deleted.

I don’t know, I mean £43.00 is pretty reasonable within the field of audiophile accessories/footers/isolators, but it’s still a lot for what amounts to two rubber blocks in a nice package.
    Last edited by YNWaN; 09-12-2019 at 19:36.
    Account Deleted

I'm John.

Good to get feed back from other members putting the IsoAcoustic products into service.

I'm meeting up with the local group on Friday.
    I am bring along my Solid Tech 'Feet of Silence'.
    I am hoping the IsoAcoustic Puck delivers a close performance, if so, anything that gets close to the 'Feet of Silence' will be highly rated in my assessment.

I'm Gary.

I use the IsoAcoustic speaker platforms under my active monitors in the bedroom system.

Completely isolate the speakers from the Ikea chest of drawers the speakers sit on, do a great job.

Comsidering trying the pucks under my PS Audio kit, a lot of the PSA guys overseas have success with the Isopucks with their gear.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm John.

The reports from the local group are that the pucks improved the perception of the SQ quite noticeably when placed underneath a Wadia.

I'm Barrington.

I have been using them for many years now under my Ushers. At the time of purchase they were associated with the recording industry for reducing unwanted rattles from music stands. I think I paid less than £100 for 8. Once audiophiles discovered them, I knew their price would escalate.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Would be interested in a direct comparison to Sorbothane hemispheres (which I use on glass shelves) if possible. I find it reduces a certain sharpness (or dare I say glassiness?) in the mids and highs.

I've also been experimenting with cuts of rubber carpet underlay (Durulay) with positive results, and you can cut them to the size you want. I had to buy a minimum 3m roll or something so can probably supply the whole Wam with little squares if required

I'm John.

Sorbothane is historically the wonder material.
    Long term usage has shown it to not be stable and the properties it has will deteriorate, I believe there is a hardening of the compound.
    Sylomer, is a compound that maintains it properties throughout its life, it delivers very similar properties to Sorbothane.
    Sylomer is a material of choice in the audio industry and used in many applications where acoustic/vibration control is desired.
    There are a few calculations to be used to identify type of Sylomer and the surface area of the Sylomer material/to weight of material to be isolated.
    Again good to see positive results coming in of usage, this latest one under speakers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast