+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doubling interconnects

I'm Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I've just had a read of the linked article and it does seem to be based on some very questionable basics. One that stood out to me straight away is this:

Now as far as I am aware the above just isn't true and shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the difference between series and parallel connection.

As an aside, when one looks at the products produced by the larger market players, one often finds that (underneath all the marketing) the more expensive interconnect and speaker cables just offer more conductor.
    Absolutely, I couldn't believe it when I read it. The object with cables is to reduce resistance AFAP, and tqo parallel runs halves it. Why not just get a thicker cable?

I'm Grant.

Instead of increasing the bass it may just be reducing the higher freq thus making the bass sound deeper.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by matt2007 View Post
    I read this article by Doug Schroeder and was a bit dubious but thought I'd give it a go.

https://www.dagogo.com/audio-blast-s...ect-placement/ ....

... In a word "WOW".
    Very interesting, and well done for sticking your head up above the parapet on what was bound to be a contentious subject.

I'll be giving it a try but I need to source the extra cables first .... or maybe a hybrid mix of cables would give interesting results?

Here's a thought, Matt - have you tried single cables but with the adapters in place? That would address one of the variables from the experiment. Maybe it's what the adapters do to the sound rather than the doubling up of cable.

I'm Lawrence.

I've always had a theory about doubling speaker cables with different types/guages of wire (in fact I just mentioned it on the biwiring thread) and the principles may apply here too, that is the cables will have different strengths in different parts of the frequency spectrum.

Now doubling SPDIF cables, there's an idea..

I'm Deleted.

It used to be quite the ‘thing’ for a while, using thin solid core for the tweeters and thick multi-strand for the bass (when bi-wiring that is).
    Account Deleted

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Now doubling SPDIF cables, there's an idea..
    Yes, it's an idea, and it's a poor one
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Instead of increasing the bass it may just be reducing the higher freq thus making the bass sound deeper.
    I haven't noticed any reduction in the higher frequencies - all still there according to my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Very interesting, and well done for sticking your head up above the parapet on what was bound to be a contentious subject.

I'll be giving it a try but I need to source the extra cables first .... or maybe a hybrid mix of cables would give interesting results?

Here's a thought, Matt - have you tried single cables but with the adapters in place? That would address one of the variables from the experiment. Maybe it's what the adapters do to the sound rather than the doubling up of cable.
    I'm aware this is going to be very contentious - especially amongst those who haven't tried it for themselves

I've now re-tested with single cables + adaptors and the music sounds the same as single cables alone so the adaptors don't have an effect to my ears.

I'm Ian.

To optimise this you really need cables from by peter belt or russ andrews. Expensive but worth every penny in foo cred

I'm Deleted.

I don’t think PB actually makes any cables, in fact he doesn’t make any components of any kind.
    Account Deleted

I'm Ian.

Long lost tweaker i managed to avoid but it was fun

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast