+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beresford Capella

I'm Greg.

Default Beresford Capella

Hello,

I have buy a Bereford Capella (Revison 2.0)
    Can me anyone say how long is the Burn in time?

And maybe some Settings for 25 Ohm Headphone?

I have heard some miniutes with him, and play very nice,clean.Not so warm i mean.
    But i would wait when he runs some hours.

My Dac is a Cambridge Audio Dac Magic 100
    Fostex Tr X 00 and Denkn Ah D7200 Headphone.

I'm Jo.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleeh View Post
    Hello,

I have buy a Bereford Capella (Revison 2.0)
    Can me anyone say how long is the Burn in time?

And maybe some Settings for 25 Ohm Headphone?

I have heard some miniutes with him, and play very nice,clean.Not so warm i mean.
    But i would wait when he runs some hours.

My Dac is a Cambridge Audio Dac Magic 100
    Fostex Tr X 00 and Denkn Ah D7200 Headphone.
    Hello Greg,

I have had a Capella for some years now and can't say I remember too much in the way of burn in, other users may have found otherwise.

As far as settings for 25 Ohm 'phones go, if it were me I'd use as low a gain as I could get away with. Ideally I'd look to have a balance between gain and volume that allows for plenty of volume, yet with about 10% in reserve. This way if I accidentally increase the volume to maximum I will neither blow the cans nor damage my hearing. The only thing to watch out for is background noise - if you have the gain too low for the characteristics of your headphones there may be noticeable backgound noise.

No mention of the sensitivity of the 25 Ohm cans you are using.

I suggest experimenting with the gain/volume ratio on the Capella until you find a balance you are comfortable with in your audio environment ['audio environment' = the other equiptment in the chain + type of music played + personal listening preferences. Whatever sounds best to you is best..

Another thing to be aware of how the length of time listening to headphones may affect your hearing. Whenever I start a listening session nowadays I make sure the volume is such that the music sounds a little on the quiet side. Over time it ends up sounding plenty loud enough. When I first stated using HPAs I found that I ended up with fatigue fairly quickly because the volume that sounded right when I started was in fact too loud. For me, the longer the session, the lower the mean volume should be.
    Last edited by Landloper; 07-12-2019 at 07:55. Reason: spelin

I'm Greg.

Thank you for answer,i will note this.
    I know this with the fatigue hearing.
    With this i have this a little bit.I mean this Amp is so natural i must be accustom my Ears at first on it.
    With the Schiit Amp‘s i don‘t have this but the music who comes out is very different.

My first impression are good,i miss maybe a little bit the details but i does have to be.
    And i have just heard some hours.

I'm Greg.

Hi,
    I have another question about Capella.
    it's about the peak that lights up behind the volume control.
    I have the Schiit Loki still connected. When I turn off the bypass it lights less than when the bypass is turned on.

In the manual is written:
    10. Peak Detector LED
    There are two Peak Detector LEDs behind the Volume Control knob that will light up when the input‐1 or input‐2 signal is reaching clipping level. Turn down the level of the signal coming into the CAPELLA inputs where that is practically possible if the Peak Detector LEDs are constantly ON.

How can I change the input signal that? I put only the cables one more is not possible.
    I connected the Cambridge Audio Dac via Rca to the Schiit Loki. From the Schiit Loki output to the Capella input.

I once slightly reduced the overall volume on the Pc it was a bit better, but had to turn up the volume control more.

The whole thing is not completely wrong, because with some songs I have occasionally passages where a slight crosstalk takes place.
    would be very nice if someone had an idea.

I did not connect the ground to the device.
    I also do not hear any hum or something like that. When everything is on break for example.

I also do not know where to connect.
    I have buy the Rca Cable from Audioquest Golden Gate.

+ Reply to Thread