+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Advice or opinions sought, regarding replacing Rega6 with..... something ?

I'm Mike.

If you're looking at a new arm and you have a Rega, don't forget the Audiomods arms they are fantastic and great value for money

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm steve.

Have you thought about upgrading to the latest RB330 arm ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Graeme.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    If you're looking at a new arm and you have a Rega, don't forget the Audiomods arms they are fantastic and great value for money
    thanks buddy I'll check them out.
    I can whistle with my fingers, especially if I have a whistle.

I'm Graeme.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z View Post
    Have you thought about upgrading to the latest RB330 arm ?

hey buddy, I hadn't thought of that no.. I'll have a read about the 330, thanks man.

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmanuk101 View Post
    hey buddy, I hadn't thought of that no.. I'll have a read about the 330, thanks man.
    My Planar 3 has the RB330 onboard and I think it contributes about 90% to the sound quality of the turntable and in real terms the price at £365 is not excessive.

I'm John.

I'll add a knowledge of recent experience I have had a input to, and hopefull it will help with your pondering.
    I recently introduced my Local HiFi Group at one the regular meetings,
    to a PTP Solid 9 with Nigel Speed Controller.
    This was put up against a owner Modified TD 125, which had as a result of the extensive works side lined the owners LP12.
    The PTP Solid 9 left a very good impression, and for the TD 125 , LP 12 owner a new journey was to begin in TT's.

Shortly after this meeting a opportunity arose to acquire a Lenco GL78 from a free ad,
    it was local, I picked it up and donated it to the TD 125 owner, he has been a duck to water, and has began the honing his Lenco Fettler Skills.

Others in the group are also now Lenco owners as well, and the interest has really took hold.
    For the TD 125 owners Lenco, a basic service and New Tonearm that has been mounted on a Standalone Pod, have taken it to the front end role in his set up.
    With a New Plinth and Speed Controller these TT's are hard to put down.

Just recently one has been compared to a extremely expensive TT > Tonearm, and the reports returned following the meeting was that there was not a lot to separate the two, with the expensive set up having the lead.
    That is a lot to be said for a basic fettle on a Lenco.

Again when the GL78 is set up in a new plinth, with a Tonearm coupled in the plinth, with a Speed Controller, and maybe a Platter Spindle Bearing exchange, this will leap forward another measurable amount in improved SQ.

The good news for the OP is that a not too far drive South, there is a BTE Design GL75 for sale by BTE at very fair money/ a steal in my words.
    I have heard these designs personally, and believe they are produced to a high quality of design considerations for a Lenco.
    The fact the vendor is more than happy to entertain a demonstration makes the introduction experience all the more educational, as the BTE guys are very knowledgeable on these decks.
    I an totally impartial to the vendor, but I am very partial to a Lenco Fettle
    If the OP would like further info I can be PM'd

I'm Graeme.

Hey buddy, thanks for all the info and taking your time to post, it's appreciated heaps. ~It's certainly info for consideration in the future as I've decided to stay with the Rega and give a little tlc with new belt, cart and after new year some tonearm work. thanks again buddy, all the best, G.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345