+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice or opinions sought, regarding replacing Rega6 with..... something ?

I'm Graeme.

Default Advice or opinions sought, regarding replacing Rega6 with..... something ?

HI All

I've been the proud owner of a Rega RP6 with 2M blue cart for 5 years now, and I would like to change to another TT, so I'll probs be selling the Rega and putting that cash towards purchase.. looking at MM decks and that's what my stage is (no MC for now).

Any recommendations, ones to look out for, I don't mind the Rega deck at all, but I'm after something slightly upgraded etc... I've only ever owned a modded Techy 1210 then the Rega for 5 years now.

I like natural warm, full sounding playback.. I'm not fussed if I can hear Justin from Godflesh cry or anything as detailed.

any suggestions? budget probs £1000 max

thanks folks.

Graeme
    I can whistle with my fingers, especially if I have a whistle.

I'm Mike.

Trying changing the cart? Or tonearm? Or asking this question in Analogue section?
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Graeme.

no worries buddy,,,I'm not interested in changing the RP6, but will sell to change to another deck.

Admin: is this post not permitted in this section? If not please let me know, I will delete it and ask in the Analogue section. thanks

I'm Graeme.

to Admin: thank you for moving to the correct place.

I'm Gary.

Hmnn,
    strikes me as a bit of a side move Graeme to be honest?

Given the quality of your phono amp, and your amps in general your systems revealing enough to hear what your RP6 can do.
    With it’s current 2M blue your not hearing it at its best imo.

The turntables got untapped potential.
    Sell it, you’ll get a lot less than its worth, and given your budget you won’t get much noticeably better.

If it were me I’d keep the Rega, make sure it’s setup properly and use your budget to get as good a cartridge within your budget.
    Dynavectors work great on Regas.

The 2M Black would be a worthy step up, and leave change to spare for gigs or more vinyl.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Graeme.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Hmnn,
    strikes me as a bit of a side move Graeme to be honest?

Given the quality of your phono amp, and your amps in general your systems revealing enough to hear what your RP6 can do.
    With it’s current 2M blue your not hearing it at its best imo.

The turntables got untapped potential.
    Sell it, you’ll get a lot less than its worth, and given your budget you won’t get much noticeably better.

If it were me I’d keep the Rega, make sure it’s setup properly and use your budget to get as good a cartridge within your budget.
    Dynavectors work great on Regas.

The 2M Black would be a worthy step up, and leave change to spare for gigs or more vinyl.
    good advice..! thanks buddy

I'm Deleted.

The RP6 you already own is a fine sounding deck but I wouldn’t describe any of Rega’s decks as having the “warm, full sounding” you say you are after - is this where your wish to change stems from?
    Account Deleted

I'm Graeme.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    The RP6 you already own is a fine sounding deck but I wouldn’t describe any of Rega’s decks as having the “warm, full sounding” you say you are after - is this where your wish to change stems from?
    probably, I tend to over analyse at times.

I'm Mike.

My advice for what it's worth is keep the deck, it's got untapped potential as already stated, get a new cart and or arm, i'm using an Audio Technica Art 9 on a Audiomods Series 6 arm and it sounds fantastic

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Grant.

Yes, think for budget you might struggle to improve on the deck by much. Certainly the arm might be bettered, and carts are a personal thing really but modern AT's are quite good value
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast