+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Paul Hynes SR5-21/27 PSU

I'm Paul.

Default FS: Paul Hynes SR5-21/27 PSU

(Trying to post again with larger images...)

Hello, AoS members -

I am posting this here first, because I know most of you already know Paul Hynes' products well. First, some background:

A little over a year ago, I asked Paul if he had any trade-in SR3-21 on offer, which I intended to use with my Technics SL-1210MK2. He did not, but he did have an SR5 chassis with a slight blemish and SR5-21/27 mains transformer and offered to build me one. I mulled over the decision, reading thread after thread on this board and several reviews of Paul's lineup of Technics external PSUs. (One such article listed the dimensions of the SR5 chassis as 16cm x 22cm x 8cm - important, in my case, as this would just fit in the cabinet where I have my equipment.

Well, I went for it. Suddenly, I was now thinking about multistage internal regulator mods and taking the Techy well beyond where I had originally planned!

After several months of waiting (Paul's wears take some time), the SR5 arrived, and it was a beauty! The chassis dimensions, however, were larger than had been described in the review. I told Paul of my predicament and explained he had recently changed to a new chassis that was easier to drill. I described my available shelf space, and we briefly entertained taking the unit apart and dividing the regulator from the transformer in two separate boxes, but in the end, the extra cost of machining the separate chassis and shipping again back and forth across the Atlantic turned me off of the idea.

I am only now getting around to putting the unit up for sale after a year, perhaps holding onto the hope that some unforeseen, huge change in design direction by the wife might open the door to integrating the SR5 into my living room setup. Alas, not to be.

So, all that to say I have a brand new, never used
    Paul Hynes custom SR5-21/27 PSU looking for a good home. These do not often come up for sale
    and rarely ever in new condition. Your chance to own one with no wait time for construction. As I mentioned, Paul used a chassis that had a slight blemish on one side panel (see pictures below).

I will take a loss at an asking price of £500 ($650) + shipping from U.S. The DC OFC umbilical free - a £45 ($58.50) value - is included.

Please review the pictures and feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks very much for your consideration.

Best,

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibster_2000 Guest

What is the input voltage on this? I am asking as I see no way of adjusting it, and it may be unsuitable to most of the users here in the U.K.

I'm Andy.

I have interest and wanna contact you by PM but haven't figured out how to do.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by hifihouse View Post
    You need a minimum of 5 posts before pm becomes available I think

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibster_2000 View Post
    What is the input voltage on this? I am asking as I see no way of adjusting it, and it may be unsuitable to most of the users here in the U.K.
    The input voltage is adjustable from 120v to 240v. To the right of the IEC on the rear panel, you will notice two black grommets; the bottom one is a fuse input, and the top controls the input voltage.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by hifihouse View Post
    I have PM’d you; hopefully you can reply to that directly.

I'm Paul.

Bump before offering on Audiogon and eBay

+ Reply to Thread