+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How the **** do I get this drawer in?

I'm Mike.

Default How the **** do I get this drawer in?

Sort of hi-fi related, as my amp might be sitting on these chest of drawers. I took the drawer out, now I can only get it in halfway and its stuck hard. What on earth is the secret?!! Customer kindly gave me these drawers, one of the nicest bits of furniture I've ever had!

IMG_20191204_231120592 by Mike Van, on Flickr
    IMG_20191204_231147284_HDR by Mike Van, on Flickr
    IMG_20191128_233744829_HDR by Mike Van, on Flickr
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm sorted.

Looks like there are some kind of springs half way down that need pushing in to lock the drawer into the runners in the chest.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Looks like there are some kind of springs half way down that need pushing in to lock the drawer into the runners in the chest.
    Those white plastic things? That's for getting the drawers out, when putting in drawers should click, which they do, but then won't go any further, most frustrating!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm sorted.

Hmm, soft wood blocks to protect the finish on the drawer front & a sledgehammer perhaps?

I'm Lawrence.

I find a bit of patience and logic usually sorts things out. In this case, maybe look at another drawer to see how they are stopped from coming out, and think how the process of taking it fully out can be reversed. It might need a long flat rigid stick to push in down the side and force a catch back in. Also, that bit on the drawer side looks like metal to me rather than plastic.

I'm Steve.

Yes, take out the next drawer to make comparisons, and don't worry if that one suffers the same fate, you'll still have four more attempts available. Worst case scenario: you just end up with a nice shelving system

Less potentially disasterous:
    If something in the mechanism is buggered, look for a replacement or alternatively discretely attach (glue) the drawer front on so it visually matches the others but is non functioning.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

It sounds like the catch which prevents the drawer coming completely out in normal use is now preventing it going in. I assume you are tipping the drawer slightly as you are putting it in which is normally the method
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

Can't remember why I took it out now in the first place, but I wish I didn't.

I'm Geoff.

I never use force to sort such problems, as it just causes damage. There's always a better way to deal with things. Replacement runners are available if needed.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

If you're struggling with this I'd give drilling a hole for your tonearm a miss lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast