+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Eikona TL3

I'm Andy.

Coming together nicely Ian - very good work as usual!
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Ian.

After a few days of gluing and sanding the speakers are more or less ready. I've used Aqua Coat as a grain filler which has produced a nice smooth finish, not always easy with the edge of ply. Aqua Coat leaves a light sheen on the wood so could be a finish if that's what your aiming for. It's also quite stubborn to remove where I got a bit too much on the curved corners I haven't quite finished them - the plinth and the top haven't had any treatment yet but family (Christmas) commitments mean I won't have much time to fiddle over the next week so here they are.

I'm Ian.

There's an intro to the TL3 here with a link to the cabinet plans. http://www.ejjordan.co.uk/tl3/

I'm Ian.

Two really good things about them, first they sound great, :grin: a little crisper than the prototypes and maybe a fraction more weight. Second, my wife thinks they look great.

Thanks go to Mike for measuring the prototypes and suggesting a slight increase in the amount of Angel Hair stuffing. Also to Colin at EJ Jordan who responded to my pestering for a smaller transmission line that did bass like the big ones I have. He also tweaked the plans as I built the prototypes and then answered my incessant questions when I decided to fiddle with the shape and construction of the cabinets.

I'm Keith.

Looking and I imagine sounding very good.

Them.s chunky binding posts.

I'm ROGER.

Nice work Ian, I'm a big fan of the Jordan Eikona, in those cabs I'm sure they must sound excellent

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Nice job Ian, they look great.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Ian.

Well Roger, you should never have sold your drivers but thank you anyway Thanks Ali. I've done some more listening this morning and I'm very pleased with them. Apologies for splitting the above over three posts, I tried to do it all in one but got a stroppy message blocking my post. When I split the posts the AoS system was quite happy

I'm Ian.

Another pic showing the cover made for the vent.

One other thing I didn't mention, as the internal height was built up with 30mm slices the height was a bit more than Jordan's plan so I put a false bottom in

I'm Alan.

I have heard these at Ian's place, they are superb.

They have an immediacy to the sound, really good imaging and stonkingly good bass extension. I was very impressed plus the look and finish is extremely good.
    The translam construction is as rigid as you could ever want, there is no cabinet colouration at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast