+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Eikona TL3

I'm Ian.

Default Jordan Eikona TL3

I've built quite a few cabinets for Jordan Eikonas over the last few years including the VTL, SL, DCR, TL array and now the TL3.

http://www.ejjordan.co.uk/PDFs/TL3plans.pdf

When I got a sneak preview of the TL3 design from Colin at EJ Jordan I built a prototype to test the plan. Here it is stood next to the big TL array

I'm mighty impressed with this cabinet considering it has nearly as much bass response as the big boy and probably better imaging and air - three other people have come to the same conclusion. Anyway, I decided to do something a bit different with the cabinet and have gone with a translam construction. Sure it is a bit (!) wasteful in materials but it's something I've liked the look of for some time. There not finished yet but thought some of you might be interested.

I'm Ian.

After doing up some drawings the TL3's life started at a local CNC shop. (https://ckjcnc.co.uk/) which I've not used before but turned out to be an excellent choice.

So now to the gluing up. The inclusion of 3 5mm holes in each layer to take plugs has made alignment a simple process.

.....and here's progress to date. They are glued up in blocks as I still need to take it apart to fit the internals.

I'm Alan.

Exciting stuff Ian, I look forward to hearing them at some point.

I'm Ian.

Jordans plus Neurochrome - a combination worth listening to

Bigman80 Guest

Wow, great work!!!

I'm Keith.

They are going to look stunning when finished.

I'm Ian.

Thanks guys. I'm taking my time with these in the hope that they will look stunning
    There are some beautiful examples of translam cabinets on the web so lot to live up to.

I'm Gwyn.

As one of the people who enjoyed Ian's hospitality recently I can confirm that this design deserves the time and effort being put in. They sound fabulous.
    Sad part of this project is I won't be able to tease his woodworking skills. Can't wait for the finished article.
    I said "I'M A LITTLE DEAF"

I'm Greg.

That's pretty cool!

I'm Ian.

This pic shows positioning of the internal partition. Top is next to the vent edge, bottom is midway across opening. When the time comes I will glue the top section using the bottom section to align it. Once the glue's set I'll remove the bottom section and carry on adding sections to the top, gluing the partition as I go.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast