+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ken Ishiwata

I'm Steve.

I read that today. Very sad as 72 is no age. Thanks Ken I enjoyed my CD63 KI Signature immensely.
    Thorens TD550, Ortofon 12", Ortofon Jubilee or Koetsu Black; Rothwell MCL SUT, VTL 2.5 pre, XTC POW 1 power; Naim CD5x; KEF Reference 3.2's; Van den Hul interconnects and speaker cables.

I'm Grant.

I didn't actually realise he was still going tbh. Yup 72 these days isn't old.
    Hope he is in hifi heaven
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Very sad news indeed!
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Thanks Adam
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    One of my big regrets is not talking to him. I had at one time plenty of opportunities to do so, even once a trade acquaintance offering to introduce me to him. I am not one to fuss round people, and I am sure Ken heard what I might have said to him many times from others. My first proper CD player was a 273LE, one of Kens, then a 65se, another, then the Marantaz 85 and 94 mk2 which I know Ken and Eric Kingdom worked on. When I got an opportunity to buy a used CD7 for sane money, I jumped at it, another one of Ken's designs.

For most of my music listening life, Ken had provided an important source of music replay in my listening room. I was an admirer of his work, and I enjoyed watching and listening to a few of his presentations at shows.

Thank you Ken, rest easy, your labours now done.
    Regards Neil

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    One of my big regrets is not talking to him. I had at one time plenty of opportunities to do so, even once a trade acquaintance offering to introduce me to him. I am not one to fuss round people, and I am sure Ken heard what I might have said to him many times from others. My first proper CD player was a 273LE, one of Kens, then a 65se, another, then the Marantaz 85 and 94 mk2 which I know Ken and Eric Kingdom worked on. When I got an opportunity to buy a used CD7 for sane money, I jumped at it, another one of Ken's designs.

For most of my music listening life, Ken had provided an important source of music replay in my listening room. I was an admirer of his work, and I enjoyed watching and listening to a few of his presentations at shows.

Thank you Ken, rest easy, your labours now done.
    Nice one Neil
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Gary.

What a shame, he did a lovely job on my CDP
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12