Thread: Stillpoints heaven

I'm Laurie.

Default Stillpoints heaven

It’s the infrastructure stupid!F6114CBD-C687-4E90-821B-212490645D14.jpg

I'm Laurie.

Still working out bugs for pics

I'm Steve.

Hi Laurie

Nice to see another Hampshire AOS member (I am just outside Winchester!).

Sort yourself out with a free Flickr account and get snapping and posting!

I am also Stillpointed to the max! I took this photo on my iPhone XR and uploaded to my Flickr account.

Steve
    fullsizeoutput_18b4 by , on Flickr
    Steve.

My System:- dCS Vivaldi Transport + dCS Vivaldi Apex DAC + dCS Vivaldi Master Word Clock + dCS Vivaldi Upsampler Plus, Aurender N20 Music Server/Streamer, TW Raven One tt/Graham Phantom II/Transfiguration Orpheus L & Audio Technica ART20 mc's, Whest Titan Pro, D'Agostino Momentum HD pre/S250 MxV power amp, TAD CR-1 MKII loudspeakers, REL Gibraltar G2 subs, Coherent Systems BD Mains, interconnects & speaker cables, Sablon Audo EVO USB cable, Tellurium Q Ultra Silver power cords, Ziro Disclosure & Vertex Roraima Hi-Rez power cords + Furutech FI connectors, Stillpoints ESS racks/component stands, Vertex Aletheia PSU2 balanced power supply, Coherent Systems RTZ3 ground box + CR/BD cables, Acoustica Applicata DaaD room treatment, Mutec Ref10 SE-120.

I'm Robert.

Nice pic, system, speakers Steve.

Never heard of your speakers so looked em up - nearly choked on my salad at work, as a used pair came up in my Google search at £20k
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Steve.

Thanks Robert!

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post

Never heard of your speakers so looked em up - nearly choked on my salad at work, as a used pair came up in my Google search at £20k
    Steve.

My System:- dCS Vivaldi Transport + dCS Vivaldi Apex DAC + dCS Vivaldi Master Word Clock + dCS Vivaldi Upsampler Plus, Aurender N20 Music Server/Streamer, TW Raven One tt/Graham Phantom II/Transfiguration Orpheus L & Audio Technica ART20 mc's, Whest Titan Pro, D'Agostino Momentum HD pre/S250 MxV power amp, TAD CR-1 MKII loudspeakers, REL Gibraltar G2 subs, Coherent Systems BD Mains, interconnects & speaker cables, Sablon Audo EVO USB cable, Tellurium Q Ultra Silver power cords, Ziro Disclosure & Vertex Roraima Hi-Rez power cords + Furutech FI connectors, Stillpoints ESS racks/component stands, Vertex Aletheia PSU2 balanced power supply, Coherent Systems RTZ3 ground box + CR/BD cables, Acoustica Applicata DaaD room treatment, Mutec Ref10 SE-120.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post

Don't look up some of the dcs prices then

I'm Laurie.

Nice rack! Tad look pretty awesome. Firmly believe it’s the systems infrastructure .cables and tables, which elevates the best. All those little one per cents add up to gold.

I'm Deleted.

Steve, I’ve heard of your speakers, in fact I’ve actually listened to them (a number of times), though only at shows. I’ve also listened to their bigger brothers - no doubt you have too. TAD do make superb speakers, I don’t think there is any question about that. In fact I’m familiar (ish) with all of your system. Presumably your primary source is the DCS gear?
    Account Deleted

I'm Chris.

Review description of TAD bass unit.
    "This features a central, foamed-acrylic core, with front and back woven coatings of an aramid material."

Reminds me of Leak Sandwich!
    " The diaphragm, so revolutionary in conception, consists of a closed cell expanded polystyrene-moulded diaphragm J in. thick with a hemispherical bung at the apex. Both front and rear surfaces are covered with very thin aluminium foil which Construction gives extreme stiffness-to-mass ratio, and the name to the unit of the Leak "Sandwich" "

Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/...p5k1pbWoVVm.99
    Chris.

I'm Steve.

Hi Mark

I owned Avalon Indra speakers for 8 years and was happy with them, but yearned for a speaker system that delivered a more potent mid-bass "punch!"

In 2015, I began the search for replacements, first home auditioning a pair of the larger Avalon Compas speakers, which had more potent bass, but to my ears, was not as transparent as the Indras, through the midrange and treble regions! Next came a pair of Estelon XA (kindly loaned by KOG) which also use the Accuton ceramic drive units favoured by Avalon. The wife didn't like the look of them, describing them as hideous! I too, had heard the TAD's at the Windsor Show and an extended home demonstration duly followed!

On paper, my Avalons extended to 28Hz at the bottom end, but the mid-bass punch of the TADs allowed a far more satisfying rendition of rock music. In fact, they are, for me. a perfect all-rounder and the first pair of stand-mounts that I have owned.

The dCS Vivaldi full stack is indeed my primary source, recently improved with the addition of a Mutec Ref10 Reference Clock.

I agree with the view of the OP, Flo, that the maximum system benefit is only obtained after careful attention is paid to equipment support, mains quality, room tuning and cable choice. I would also add system grounding to the equation, which can elevate performance much further!

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Steve, I’ve heard of your speakers, in fact I’ve actually listened to them (a number of times), though only at shows. I’ve also listened to their bigger brothers - no doubt you have too. TAD do make superb speakers, I don’t think there is any question about that. In fact I’m familiar (ish) with all of your system. Presumably your primary source is the DCS gear?
    Steve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast