View Poll Results: How do you rate this Album?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/10

0 0%
  • 2/10

0 0%
  • 3/10

0 0%
  • 4/10

1 11.11%
  • 5/10

0 0%
  • 6/10

1 11.11%
  • 7/10

2 22.22%
  • 8/10

3 33.33%
  • 9/10

1 11.11%
  • 10/10

1 11.11%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Album Club, December 2019: Alan Parsons Project - 'I Robot'

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    This Album Club choice suggestion has only been up for one day, so it is not surprising that there has not been much of a response as yet. The poll is open for 30 days, which gives those interested plenty of time to comment and vote.

The whole 'point' of the Album Club is to either introduce music that although popular, might have passed Members by, or to introduce them to new music; something that is, as you say, 'left field' and perhaps challenging.

You say you have responded, but as of this post no vote has been registered. If you think little of this month's Album Club choice, say so and vote.

We look forward to your Album Club choice in February 2020. From your comments so far I'm expecting it to be something unfamiliar to Members, and something to shake us out of our stupor and lack of imagination.
    I can see my vote - it was a 4 (and I voted before I wrote my previous post). I didn’t realise the thread had only been up for a day though, so apologies for that.

I like the idea of an album club but I just don’t see the point of posting albums (or artists) that the majority probably already know (or should do). For example, I like a bit of Hawkwind* and the Velvet Underground**, but I wouldn’t post albums by either of those artists as they are really well known and I would expect most here to have already formed a view as to whether they are the sort of thing they like, or not.

* I haven’t listened to any Hawkwind in ages, I must give my copy of PXR5 a spin, also Hawklords .

**Although I recently requested Velvet Underground tracks at two different audio shows (I was asked what I would like them to play) and in both cases the people running the rooms had never heard of them!
    ——-

I note your sarcasm Barry, a bit low for a moderator don’t you think? It’s you who is referring to a ‘lack of imagination’, not me! However, if you wish to take umbrage at a comment not even referring to a post of yours then please feel free!
    Last edited by YNWaN; 03-12-2019 at 16:33.
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread