The Album Club choice for December comes courtesy of Adrian (AJSki2fly) with the Alan Parsons Project - 'I Robot'. As always, please listen to the album in its entirety before you comment and vote.

Alan Parsons Project - I Robot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Robot_(album)

So this is Alan Parsons second album, I have chosen it as I purchased it just after it was released when I was 19, I knew nothing about him and it was the cover that caught me. I took it home put it on and thought wow, what a record, what super production and great music. I then rushed round to my best friend and said you have to hear this, we sat and listened and we both became hooked buying virtually every subsequent Alan Parson Project album.

I suspect some of you may know it or maybe not, if not I hope it gives you a similar experience I had the first time I heard it. It is quite well known in the HiFi listening world as a LP to go to, to listen to a system due to its range of dynamics and mixture of textures a superb recording. I have had it over the years in many media forms, I believe the best experience for it is a good vinyl copy of it, but if you are a digital listener then I would advise as hi-res as possible.

I think all the tracks shine and find it difficult to highlight any, I will let you be the judge of that.

On TIDAL there are 3 versions, the original, the expanded, and the Legacy edition. You may want to listen to some of the additional legacy tracks as it give an idea how some were built up.

Happy listening, Adrian

I Robot - Spotify

I Robot - youtube

If you are into Digital then its available to buy here or stream you have an account:-

the-alan-parsons-project-i-robot-remastered on High Res Audio