+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Graphene Coating for the DIY'er

I'm Sandro.

Copy and paste from wikypedia

Electron transport[edit]

Graphene displays remarkable electron mobility at room temperature, with reported values in excess of 15000 cm2⋅V−1⋅s−1.[37] Hole and electron mobilities were expected to be nearly identical.[78] The mobility is nearly independent of temperature between 10 K and 100 K,[28][83][84] which implies that the dominant scattering mechanism is defect scattering. Scattering by graphene's acoustic phonons intrinsically limits room temperature mobility to 200000 cm2⋅V−1⋅s−1 at a carrier density of 1012 cm−2,[84][85] 10×106 times greater than copper.[86]
    The corresponding resistivity of graphene sheets would be 10−6 Ω⋅cm. This is less than the resistivity of silver, the lowest otherwise known at room temperature.[87] However, on SiO

substrates, scattering of electrons by optical phonons of the substrate is a larger effect than scattering by graphene's own phonons. This limits mobility to 40000 cm2⋅V−1⋅s−1.[84]

Bit I understand is 10 X 10 at the six so a 10 whit 6 zeroes after greater than copper
    and 10-6 less than the resistivity of Silver

But it is a single layer mono atomic element How one work whit it?

I don'
    t have a hammer small enough

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The resistivity of annealed copper at room temperature is 1.72 10-6 Ohm.cm. For silver, it is 1.69 10-6 Ohm.cm.

I find it hard to believe that coating a copper wire with a monoatomic layer of carbon would improve the conductivity, but I am open to persuasion.
    Last edited by Barry; 02-12-2019 at 01:20. Reason: correction to notation
    Barry

I'm Deleted.

I will now leave this ‘discussion’, but rather than repeating myself I will quote from the last linked article:

However, there are still challenges to face for grapheneapplications in metal composites, due to reasons including anagglomeration tendency in liquids, and poor wettabilitybetween graphene and metal, which cause difficulties in thepreparation of high performance metal/graphene composites.Therefore, up to now, there are few works on metal/graphenecomposites and complex preparation methods with low costs.Electrochemical deposition22and laser physical vapordeposition23have been proven capable of realizing uniformdispersion of reduced graphene oxide (RGO) in a metal matrixfor preparation of metal/graphene composite lms. Z. Li et al.24successfully prepared aluminum/RGO composites and foundthat a composite reinforced with only 0.3 wt% of RGO showedan 18 and 17% increase in the elastic modulus and hardness,respectively. They rstly achieved uniform distribution of RGOin an Al matrix via simple electrostatic interaction betweengraphene oxide (GO) and Al akes, and a densied RGO/Alcomposite was obtained by hot pressing the RGO/Alcomposite powders.
    Account Deleted

I'm Ati.

There is a guy in Hungary with a cable brand run by himself, called Valhalla. This is a 'one man' cable manufacture. His latest experiment is the Graphene-X speaker cable.
    I never met him, however we are talking through emails and forum messages for years now. He has the same sound ideal like I do, and he is obsessed by exotic materials just like me. So, we have something in common. He started to design cables about 5-6 years ago if I remember right. He is using only the purest and most exotic materials and high quality connectors. Palladium, Platinum, Gold, Silver commonly used in his cables. His cables became kind of famous within certain people and as far as I know he has been invited with his cables to some famous hi-fi audio manufacturers to show off and demonstrate them. Last company that invited him, was Kaiser-Acoustic Germany. Personally I have not heard his cables never ever. But one thing is sure, people are trading with him very expensive branded cables to get one which was made by him. He never stops developing and the Graphene-X is just a further proof of that. Magico speaker company started recently using the graphene in its drivers now, so I wasn't really surprised when i have seen Valhalla started to prototyping graphene based cables.

This "exotic material thing" especially newer materials like graphene which we have so little knowledge about, could be easily controversial topic with lots of argument sometimes. Therefore my post is only an informational reply and not a personal statement about these materials.

I will link Valhalla's personal thread where hi makes announcements, introducing cables, posting trading ads and new developments appears. The Graphene-X prototype can be seen under the post that has been posted at 23. September 2019, 13:41 C.E.T.

https://avx.hu/forum/viewtopic.php?f...12706&start=25

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123