+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: De Coupled/ Digital Hi Level Cable For A REL Quake.

I'm Craig.

Default De Coupled/ Digital Hi Level Cable For A REL Quake.

Further to my earlier posts re the sub problem that I have, sadly , despite REL making me a digital hi level cable a long time back, I can’t find it, so,
    I need one making up.
    I emailed Sounds Heavenly in Melton Mowbray , but I have yet to receive a reply ��.

As you May have read previously, I left off the black wire when connecting from my amp to the sub, but got nothing but a hum, I earthed it to the amp chassis, hum went, but no audio at all.

When connecting from the terminals of the amp to the PC input of the sub, it worked, but folk here warned me that was not the way to do it.

Many further calls to REL put me onto Heavenly Sounds, but no reply yet, so just wondering if anyone here could make a cable up?
    Many thanks.
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Gary.

I don't understand what a "digital " high level cable is?

I havn't read your previous post on this issue, but assume you are connecting to an integrated amp?

You may be referring to the high level Speakon connector that has 3 wires, yellow, red and black.

Yellow goes to LH positive speaker terminal, black goes to LH negative speaker connection and red to RH positive speaker terminal. You will not get sound if you connect black to amplifier chassis.

This is a standard Speakon connector cable, nothing special or "digital".

Your LH and RH speakers are connected as normal.

Perhaps I misunderstood your problem?

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    Further to my earlier posts re the sub problem that I have, sadly , despite REL making me a digital hi level cable a long time back, I can’t find it, so,
    I need one making up.
    I emailed Sounds Heavenly in Melton Mowbray , but I have yet to receive a reply ��.

As you May have read previously, I left off the black wire when connecting from my amp to the sub, but got nothing but a hum, I earthed it to the amp chassis, hum went, but no audio at all.

When connecting from the terminals of the amp to the PC input of the sub, it worked, but folk here warned me that was not the way to do it.

Many further calls to REL put me onto Heavenly Sounds, but no reply yet, so just wondering if anyone here could make a cable up?
    Many thanks.
    I had one made last year for a project that I never saw through, it was designed for my Rel Quake using the speaker outs of my amp. I think it's stereo banana plugs to speakon. Shall I dig it out?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Craig.

To answer you both, my amp is digital, so, according to knowledgeable folk on here, and REL themselves, the black lead should not be connected, but, all I got was hum, until I put it to ground on the chassis of the amp, but no audio output whatsoever.

REL had previously made me up a lead for my Lyngdorf digital amp, but I can’t find it, hence my request, as instructed by Ben at REL, to obtain what I originally put, De- coupled, or digital. His words.
    Bluesound Node 2i
    B&W DM607 s2
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Lawrence.

I remember now I had one made to the standard Rel high level connection spec but you can leave the black disconnected as in this link. Or alternatively just cut it off but you might want to keep it for the chassis ground option. I was going to use a class d amp but it never went ahead.

https://rel.net/how-to-connect-a-rel-to-a-class-d-amp/

Let me know if you want me to get it out.

I'm Gary.

To answer you both, my amp is digital, so, according to knowledgeable folk on here, and REL themselves, the black lead should not be connected, but, all I got was hum, until I put it to ground on the chassis of the amp, but no audio output whatsoever.

REL had previously made me up a lead for my Lyngdorf digital amp, but I can’t find it, hence my request, as instructed by Ben at REL, to obtain what I originally put, De- coupled, or digital. His words.
    Just me being dumb then, didn’t realize that there was an issue with D amps.

I’ll shut up till I know what I’m talking about!

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Alan.

Some class D amps have an 'offset' voltage on both red and black output terminals.

I have measured +12V on both terminals of certain class D amps. Most if not all use the bridge tied load (BTL) output scheme where both output terminals are driven.
    You must not earth either output on class D.

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I remember now I had one made to the standard Rel high level connection spec but you can leave the black disconnected as in this link. Or alternatively just cut it off but you might want to keep it for the chassis ground option. I was going to use a class d amp but it never went ahead.

https://rel.net/how-to-connect-a-rel-to-a-class-d-amp/

Let me know if you want me to get it out.
    Sorry to be a pain, but any chance of a photograph of the cable please?
    Bluesound Node 2i
    B&W DM607 s2
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Lawrence.

Sorry to be a pain, but any chance of a photograph of the cable please?
    Of course I'll try and do it tonight when I get home

I'm Craig.

Thanks!
    Bluesound Node 2i
    B&W DM607 s2
    Klotz ic’s

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast