+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Genexxa LX5 bookshelf speakers with Linaeum ribbon tweeters

I'm Lawrence.

Default FS: Genexxa LX5 bookshelf speakers with Linaeum ribbon tweeters

Had these a couple of years with the intention of refoaming them but never got round to it with the kids and work. I have the correct surrounds from that place in Holland with the glue which will of course be included. Please bear in mind they can't be used until they are sorted.

They are highly regarded for the famous tweeters (some people take them off to use as supertweeters or in a DIY build). There are also a few mods listed online to improve them so you can make the speakers sound better. I took my other pair (which I bought already refoamed) to the Kegworth show and they were bought by another exhibitor on the spot so that tells you something about them.

Bizarrely the grilles have different names on them, I think Tandy sold them individually and someone must have got a slightly different pair! The rest is identical. They also have some marks to the metal cabinets as you can see. These could be painted over with careful matching if a concern.

Say £75 collected from North London. I could send at buyer's cost and risk but you'd have to wait for me to find a suitable box.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 29-11-2019 at 14:49.

I'm Lawrence.

Any interest? Might repair them myself and upgrade my son's little hifi for his Thomas CDs

I'm Lawrence.

Still looking for the surrounds for these but I know I have them somewhere...

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Bump going in the loft to check for the surrounds, otherwise they're under the bed still in the jiffy bag with all the crap I've collected over the years that I really must sort out.

I'm Lawrence.

I found the surrounds in a jiffy bag in my empty jiffy bag postage collection, nearly got thrown away.

So if anyone wants these with the surrounds ready to fit (I have the glue too) then shout now, otherwise I'll be repairing them soon.

I'm Lawrence.

Ok I'm finally planning on getting these sorted now the children are back at school. Any interest in them as they are, or with the new surrounds fitted?

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread