+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bi-amping, maybe??

I'm Lawrence.

Right let's try this...

I'm Lawrence.

I'm Geoff.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Stephen.

Hi and thanks again for the replies.
    If I understand correctly you are suggesting bi-wiring? initially.
    Seems like the most economical option at the moment. Does anyone have a link for a supplier of the cables or some ideas who would be good to try?

It may be a question of being patient if I want to find a Myryad MA240 amp. They seem to be quite rare. I bought my MA120 new in 2002.

Looks as though I will be spending some of my spare time trawling the internet for 2nd hand amplifiers!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by tyke View Post
    Hi and thanks again for the replies.
    If I understand correctly you are suggesting bi-wiring? initially.
    Seems like the most economical option at the moment. Does anyone have a link for a supplier of the cables or some ideas who would be good to try?

It may be a question of being patient if I want to find a Myryad MA240 amp. They seem to be quite rare. I bought my MA120 new in 2002.

Looks as though I will be spending some of my spare time trawling the internet for 2nd hand amplifiers!
    I wasn't suggesting biwiring, just changing the cable to van Damme as your current one is silver plated and might be the cause of your problem. But if that doesn't help then try biwiring. Try both combinations (QED to tweeter and bass) and see which works best.

I'm Deleted.

Bi-amping has some minor advantages but is, usually, an expensive way off gaining these advantages. The main advantage is likely to occur when there are strong phase/impedance changes across the crossover of a speakers crossover (between drive units). The reality is that this isn’t a popular choice compared to true active operation or, more usually, just better quality amplification.
    Account Deleted

I'm Steve.

I have the Reference 3.2's and am using and XTC Pow1 that has 4 channels in it so you can use it in stereo either in bridged mode or by biamping.

It sounds better in biamp mode and as mentioned previously the KEF's do like a lot of current up them!

You may improve the sound by buying another 120 but I would be tempted to go for the 240 and unless both together are stunning selling the 120.

The better the power and quality the better these speakers sound.

Cheers
    Thorens TD550, Ortofon 12", Ortofon Jubilee or Koetsu Black; Rothwell MCL SUT, VTL 2.5 pre, XTC POW 1 power; Naim CD5x; KEF Reference 3.2's; Van den Hul interconnects and speaker cables.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12