+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Hegel H90 integrated amp (and DAC)

I'm gone.

Default FS: Hegel H90 integrated amp (and DAC)

Well, this is a surprise.
    For me, anyway!

Fantastic amp, with onboard DAC and headphone amp.
    Pre-amp stereo output RCAs and 2 pairs analog inputs as well as the array of digital inputs.
    Review which, as usual with Hifi+, I am in agreement with. http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/heg...ated-amplifier.

VGC and PWO, original box and packing.
    The amp's about 18 months old, I believe.

Back story ....
    Followers of my blog may recall that a few months ago I had reached my 'destination amp'. I then got tempted down the Hegel line after hearing one in a friend's system compared with my destination amp.
    The same improvements were heard when I got this H90 for my own - better control and definition, superior focus, improved dynamics and really strong powerful controlled (that word again!) bass. Woof! Really pleased.
    But what with the lousy weather the last couple of days and being stuck indoors with a poorly wife (she's getting better) I thought just for the fun of it I'd wire up the old destination amp.
    And b*gger me, it was like returning home after a period away.
    Absolutely, the Hegel is the better amp, but there's something about the overall presentation of the class D Marantz that just plucks on my heartstrings and makes me relax into the music.

Anyways, so, here we are with the superb Hegel up for sale.

£875 UK delivered, or £850 if you come and pick it up from me in Glos GL17.

.... Insane boxswapper that I am, I might even consider px/swaps for an amp that takes my fancy! Or maybe a DAC.

I'm gone.

Now on eBay auction.
    Git yourself a bargin!

+ Reply to Thread