+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New member in the UK

I'm Richard.

Default New member in the UK

Good evening,

I am Richard, a long time enthusiast who lapsed and is now planning a retirement system!

I'm a mid end hi-fi person I guess, I started with a creek 4040 / heybrook HB1s / planar 2 in the 80s. Audio Counsel in Oldham was one of the first hi fi shops I remember visiting, and I think I bought the Heybrooks with a cheque that bounced! That is how long ago it was.....and how times have changed!

I can't remember the exact sequence of events, but Naim Nait, Planar 3, Yorkshire HiFi 1-3, Nytech 252, Exposure A1, Linn Kans, Pink Triangle PT Too???, Quad pre and power amp (405???), MS 40 speakers are among some of the equipment I have had over the years.

I have ended up with a few long stored items - original Rega 3 with RB200 arm, Nytech 252, Systemdek IIx 900 with RB300 arm and old Yorks hifi 1-3 speakers. I have a Pioneer AS400 amp and a Marantz CD player in storage somewhere - I have no idea which Marantz it is but it will be mid range!

I listen to everything, but lean towards blues, old stlye soul and R&B. Large collection of LPs and CDs.

I will be asking for advice in another post as I plan a phono only forever system!

cheers Richard

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Richard. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure members can give opinions on your proposed record playing system. The Analogue Arts section is the place to ask questions. Just start a thread and outline your ideas, giving an indication of the budget you'll be working to.

Join in the chat, there's plenty going on and everybody is friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm gone.

Hi Richard and welcome to AOS.

There will be no shortage of advice and (often contradictory) opinions here!

Enjoy the journey.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Richardl

Nice introduction - you have heard a fair bit of gear, so I assume you know what kind of sound you are looking for. An idea of buget would be helpful for our Members to 'spend' for you.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Dave.

Welcome Richard.

Rega, Creek and HB1 was one of our most popular systems, back in the day. Problem then was, getting sufficient Regas and Creeks in to satisfy the demand. At one time we had a 6 month waiting list for any Rega turntable. Good ol' days..

+ Reply to Thread