+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FS: Harbeth P3ESR (Eucalyptus)

I'm Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I kind of assumed the 40th Anni versions would be obviously better, but apparently not?
    I haven't heard the 40ths.
    I was discussing this with a friend a couple of days ago; we compare, and find we hear something we didn't and then can assume, this is better, but a different Freq. resp. will change masking and reveal different things, pulling some sounds into threshold with one speaker, and another with the other.

I don't think that flicking vinegar all over the veneers is a good idea though. :-)

I'm Edward.

Due to a previous ownership of Harbeth speakers which I picked up directly from the Harbeth factory, occasionally Alan Shaw and I have a chat at shows etc. Last time was in 2018 Munich where he mentioned that the 40th anniversary speakers are not designed to sound any different, simply provided to celebrate the 40th anniversary. So far as I know no Harbeth literature asserts any difference in sound quality.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Due to a previous ownership of Harbeth speakers which I picked up directly from the Harbeth factory, occasionally Alan Shaw and I have a chat at shows etc. Last time was in 2018 Munich where he mentioned that the 40th anniversary speakers are not designed to sound any different, simply provided to celebrate the 40th anniversary. So far as I know no Harbeth literature asserts any difference in sound quality.
    Indeed Edward, I've red similar. Please don't take my response as an argument, because arguments are for important matters, but I don't believe these speakers to sound the same I have immense respect t for Alan Shaw, but I have good ears.

Another discussion perhaps . Anyway, anyone want these fine speakers ?

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by IHP View Post
    Indeed Edward, I've red similar. Please don't take my response as an argument, because arguments are for important matters, but I don't believe these speakers to sound the same I have immense respect t for Alan Shaw, but I have good ears.

Oh I'm simply relaying a conversation I had.

I'd love to have the speakers. But have far to many.

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by IHP View Post

Would love to hear these in my system vs proac tablette 10 signatures, but I just splashed out on a fancy Ethernet switch for me and Nintendo switch for the nippers birthday.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm Ian.

Bump

I'm Ian.

Provisionally sold

I'm Alan.

did these sell Ian??...wanted ad below...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Ian.

Just to confirm, these are sold.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123