+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi there...here I am!

I'm Edoardo.

Default Hi there...here I am!

I'm Eddie from Rome, and I'm 62. I'm a sport journalist and I work for a italian network called La7. But let me tell you something of my relationship with music. Always loved music, since i was listening my older brothers 45 rpm. I've grown with Yardbirds, Beatles, Procol Harum, Rolling Stones, Who and many many others. But at the age of 11 I decided that listening to the music was not enough. So my mother bought me my first guitar. Since those days I always had minimum one guitar by my side. I'm an acoustic guy and I'm a singer mostly. Today I own four guitars (Larrivee, two Taylor and a fine travel guitar handmade by Sam Radding). You know, when you play a instrument or you're part of a band you recognize very well the essence of each sound, of every string of every key. That's why in time, it was important for me reproduce music in the best way possible. I started to embrace hifi when i was 16. My first important set was: Marantz 1030 amp, Lenco L75 turntable with M45 Shure cartridge and Sansui speakers. I still remember the goose-bump when I heard the first notes of Doolin Dalton from Eagles Desperado lp. Many years has passed, two sons came (one nephew also) but music remain my elixir. Today I'm very happy with my actual set. Nothing phantasmagoric, but it's my cup of tea. Acoustic Solid Wood Piano Black with Audiomods Five toneram, Denon DL 103 nude with Graphite shell, Trichord Dino and Dino + pre phono, Mcintosh MA6300 amp, B&W CM6 S2 speaker with original stands. Also have a Bada cd player (great machine) and a Teac C3x cassette player (yes, still great music...). Good cables and wire but nothing that might be lethal for my wallet. I've stumbled on this forum while I was searching feedback for the new Jeff Spall Audiomods Six tonearm. I already contact Jeff, and in january I'll send him my Model Five to be upgraded for the new Six. A little further step towards a dream that we live each time we seat in front of our speakers or wear our phones. Glad to be with you...and hope to have not boring you. Eddie

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Eddie. Welcome to AOS.

Take a look around the site, you'll find a lot going on and join in any chat that interests you, everybody is friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Eddie

Nice introduction, it is always interesting to hear of Member's audio history. I would be interested to know more about the graphite headshell you use.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread