+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SUT recommendations .

I'm Philip.

Quote Originally Posted by bob4333 View Post
    The Headspace is an excellent product, extremely flexible. Be interesting to see if it gives you what you want.
    I've been using the headspace over the weekend , it's a fantastic bit of kit . To my ears the SQ isn't quite up there with the Hahimoto's but I feel that is a personal preference , I do like the SUT's bold midrange presence others may prefer the Headspace's neutrality . Horses for courses and all that .

What I have found out is that part of the problem lies with the input sensitivity of my amp and both the headamp and the SUT work better ( in my system ) with 10dB attenuator plugs . Although the SUT is still a bit too hot , maybe a 15 dB reduction would be better .

I'm David.

Looks like you need to get Dave Slagle to make you a custom SUT: http://myemia.com/SUT.html. I've got one of his silver ones for my Io, it's very good!

David Whistance

I'm Retief.

Quote Originally Posted by dwhistance View Post
    Looks like you need to get Dave Slagle to make you a custom SUT: http://myemia.com/SUT.html. I've got one of his silver ones for my Io, it's very good!

David Whistance
    +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retief
    Analogue: Origin Live Resolution mk2,OL Encounter mk3c,MM III and isolator.Digital:CA 840C.Amplification:Croft RIAA R, Icon Audio LA4mkii,Icon Audio MB845 signature version.Speakers: Kef Reference 203/2 Cables: Mark Grant G2000HD. Speaker cable Van Damme Hi-Fi UP-LCOFC.Headphone: Grado PS1000,HD650,HD600,Icon Audio HP8 RCM DIY Moth

I'm Carl.

The Denon AU300LC is 1:10 according to my old SUT notes. Not in the league of the HM3 though.

I'm Karl.

Hi,

I hope that the OP allows a slightly off topic question?

Out of interest, can anyone of you say how a lundahl ll1931 or ll1933 would fare against some of the SUTs mentioned in this thread?

I know, not in the same league at least price vise nor 1:10 and actually not even an assembled SUT but the transformers are said to be very good.

/Zleepy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12