+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Harbeth HL-K6ES Speakers

I'm Russell.

Default FS: Harbeth HL-K6ES Speakers

Change of circumstances means I’m selling my beloved Harbeth HL-K6ES Speakers.

Looking for £595 which includes fully insured delivery (2 boxes) to UK mainland addresses.

They are finished in the Nextel Grey as can be seen in the images and have one or two little marks but nothing serious.

I understand these were originally made under special request by a prominent music industry individual and as such are a one off as do not have Grilles but instead have a a ridge of material in the recess where the Grille would usually sit. This also means the Harbeth badge is affixed to the top of the fascia.

The below is what Alan Shaw of Harbeth had to say about them:

The K6 (K for Korea) was designed according to a (former) distributor's requests in the mid 1990s. They are a hybrid speaker: woofer from the then C7ES2 and tweeter from the then P3ES2. The cabinet was as narrow as we could make it, just big enough to fit-in the 8" RADIAL chassis, rear mounted. Unusually, the baffle was permanently attached and we assembled from the rear - the opposite situation to all other Harbeth's where we assemble from the front and do not disturb the rear panel during assembly (although it is removable). The other notable feature was the use of a thick felt lining the entire inner surface.

Come in original Harbeth boxes and packaging. Stands are not part of the sale but are negotiable.

A great way into Harbeth ownership at a sensible price.

I'm Russell.

SOLD Pending Payment

+ Reply to Thread