+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dave slagle pre build

I'm Phil.

well folks , due to having more time on my hands ive managed to finish the slagle build phil.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Phil.

I'm Geoff.

How's it sounding Phil?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andre.

Nice job phil with the Heat shrinks on the solder joints..
    Last edited by Made in 1968; 29-03-2020 at 17:49.

I'm Phil.

It has replaced a tisbury pre , and sounds very annalogue with improved bass , also sound quality at low volume has improved also , seems to have removed any digital edge/brightness , i used cmc phono sockets which was a mistake , to tight on most interconnects , also you have to use to much heat on the earth connection which can melt them internally , should have gone for the audionote silver , i may replace these at some point , you need
    some patience for all the soldering , volume level seems to have improved on the tisbury . phil.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Phil.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanobsession View Post
    It has replaced a tisbury pre , and sounds very annalogue with improved bass , also sound quality at low volume has improved also , seems to have removed any digital edge/brightness , i used cmc phono sockets which was a mistake , to tight on most interconnects , also you have to use to much heat on the earth connection which can melt them internally , should have gone for the audionote silver , i may replace these at some point , you need
    some patience for all the soldering , volume level seems to have improved on the tisbury . phil.
    When soldering sockets, put a spare plug into them. It helps absorb excess heat and keeps the plastic parts straight.

TVC's and AVC's tend to have a bit of gain, hance the higher volume.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Phil.

Hi geoff , good idea with the plug , but ive heard other people complaining about the diameter of the plug , it seems to pick up mains hum if positioned to close to other equipment , i think you are supposed to use shielded interconnects , it dont like to be anywhere near the valab phono , i didnt take the earth from the plugs to the case that may help who knows , phil.
    Phil.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12