+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Lake Geneva!

I'm Joel.

Default Greetings from Lake Geneva!

I have been in this hobby for the past 15 years, which I discovered while living in Singapore (the Adelphi!), and since then I carried on my audio journey on the shores of Lake Geneva.

My main system evolved around Sonus Faber speakers. I started with the SF Cremona’s with various ARC, CJ, ML, VTL pre/power combinations, then I went thought several other amps from Accuphase, Ayon, McIntosh and T+A. I have now the SF Elipsa’s and settled with Nagra/Goldmund amplification (Swiss made!). I like in particular the Nagra/Goldmund pre/power synergy as it combines the good of both worlds, the speed/dynamics and detail of the Telos 280 with the air and richness of the Jazz, driving the Elipsa’s in an effortless musicality.

I also have a second rig with a Prima Luna integrated driving a pair of Harbeth monitors, that sounds pretty good too (and within a more reasonable budget!).

I listen mostly to Classical, Jazz and World Music. I discover a lot of new music through Qobuz and Tidal streaming services and when I enjoy a particular artist or album I try to buy it on vinyl, my way to conciliate the new and the old. I also managed to find a beautiful Studer A-807 but I still have to find some RTR recordings that don’t cost the price of the Studer itself!

Still learning every day so comments and suggestions welcome!

Enjoy your audio path and the music beautifully reproduced.

Best,
    Joel

Music Room:

Digital source: Auralic Altair
    Analog sources: Transrotor Zet-1/TR-800S/Benz Glider SL (MC), Clearaudio Concept Performance DC/Clarify/Virtuoso V2 (MM), Studer A-807
    Phono amps: Benz Micro PP1 Lukaschek (MC), Heed Quesar with Q-PSU (MM)
    Preamps: Goldmund Mimesis 27.8, Nagra Jazz
    Power amp: Goldmund Telos 280
    Speakers: Sonus Faber Elipsa SE Red
    Heaphones/amp: Burson Conductor Virtuoso V2, Audeze LCD-2
    Cables: Transparent MusicWave Ultra speaker cables and various AudioQuest, Cardas and Kimber interconnect cables
    Racks: Solidsteel
    Acoustics: GIK panels

Library:

Digital sources: Auralic Aries, Simaudio Moon 100D
    Integrated amp: PrimaLuna Dialogue Two
    Speakers: Harbeth 30.1 35th Anniversary
    Stands: Music Tools
    Cables: Vovox Textura

I'm Grant.

Welcome to AoS Joel. Nice spot to live, Lake Geneva. was there for a while myself.. Very pretty.Anyway I hope u enjoy the forum
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Joel.

Pretty nice spot indeed! Thanks for the welcoming, looking forward

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

montesquieu Guest

Hi there, welcome to AoS.

Top guy not so far from you, Marcello Hamam in Lausanne, https://audioleman.ch/ - has some great stuff.

I'm Tony.

Welcome to AOS!

By strange coincidence, my sister became a Swiss Citizen (and Genevoise) today! She’s been there for 40 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Welcome to AOS!

By strange coincidence, my sister became a Swiss Citizen (and Genevoise) today! She’s been there for 40 years.

I hope she's not the one with the beard?

I'm Tony.

There were 300 of them, all having to swear allegiance one by one.

A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

montesquieu Guest

I have a Swiss colleague whose Scottish wife went through it recently (German-speaking Canton near St Gallen). It's quite a tough process by all accounts and seemingly people do 'fail' for all sort of reasons.

Having said that the process for citizenship here is pretty bizarre as I found out when my wife went through it. Most of the questions are a mix of politically correct baggage-laden nonsense, with a parallel and seemingly unrelated dose of learn-by-rote pub quiz material, rather than anything that could useful for daily life. Her two masters degrees and PhD, all studied in English, or her (at the time) 15 years worth of living, studying and working here were of little practical benefit.

I'm Grant.

It's a bit like the driving test.. Pointless but suits beaurocrats etc.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast