+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Bel Canto S300iU Integrated Amp with 24/96 DAC

I'm Russell.

Default FS: Bel Canto S300iU Integrated Amp with 24/96 DAC

Can’t believe I’m doing this but I’m putting up for sale my Bel Canto S300iU in excellent condition

I am the second owner of this amp from new and it comes with its original double box packaging.

Originally it was a 16/48 USB DAC and was upgraded to the 24/96 version along with a couple of other upgrades such as casing mat and EMF paper for RFI/EMI improvements. The original DAC board is included.

The (then) UK Distributor Aanvil serviced the amp and updated the firmware to the latest version, which means it will work with the latest Bel Canto remote control

This is important because, as is the case with most BC amps of this era, the plastic cover on the remote control buttons cracks with time. This has tried to be repaired but the volume controls are shot, although everything else works. So, I have included a programmable remote control which works absolutely fine. You can of course purchase a new remote from the current Bel Canto UK distributor.

This is a great amp and has served me well. It probably hasn't had as much use as the remote control condition suggests. The replacement models from BC the C5 and C7 are fine, but this model would have sat in the middle of the range and has more power than the current models. When on sale in the UK I believe it retailed for approx £2000.

Specification (borrowed from Stereophile)

Description: Integrated amplifier with optional USB DAC or phono stage. Preamplifier section: Frequency range: DC–200kHz. Signal/noise (A-weighted, ref. 2V RMS): >95dB, Input overload: 10V. Input impedance: 10k ohms. Output impedance: 500 ohms. Maximum gain: 20dB. Maximum output level: 9.5V. Amplifier section: Maximum output power: 150Wpc into 8 ohms (21.75dBW), 300Wpc into 4 ohms (21.75dBW). Minimum rated load impedance: 4 ohms. Frequency response: 20Hz–20kHz, ±0.5dB. Voltage gain: 27dB. Damping factor: >1000. Output impedance: <8 milliohms. THD+noise: 0.01% (1kHz at 1W into 4 ohms). Dynamic range: 111dB (no test conditions quoted).
    Dimensions: 8.5" (216mm) W by 12.5" (318mm) D by 3" (75mm) H. Weight: 12 lbs (5.5kg).
    Serial Number Of Unit Reviewed: SI3-251.
    Prices: $2195 as reviewed; price without USB DAC is $1995.
    Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/...mqfzi3utmBR.99

I’m looking for around £630 for this which includes fully insured delivery to UK mainland addresses.

I'm Russell.

BUMP with reduction to £600 posted...

....or might consider a swap for a decent Turntable?

I'm Russell.

Will listen to offers....

I'm Russell.

Mid week bump for a brilliant little amp...

+ Reply to Thread