+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS - Rega R9 and Larsen 4.2 Speakers

I'm Rob.

Default FS - Rega R9 and Larsen 4.2 Speakers

Having a bit of a rationalisation so both my Rega R9 and Larsen 4.2 speakers are up for sale.

Rega R9

I bought these back in 2014 and they had been out on long term loan with a few people as I can't quite get them to work well in my room(s).

They are a '3-way design' with an external crossover mounted to the rear of the cabinet. The 8" bass driver has no crossover, and used in a transmission line enclosure. The classic Rega RR125 mid bass is used along with a Morel 1" tweeter and an additional 19mm Scanspeak tweeter.
    The crossover has a bass attenuation option to help room integration.

I would describe them as grown up versions of the smaller R-Series. I have had the R1, R3, R7, Alya & Jura, which were all great but generally lacking in bass depth and treble smoothness. These R9s are a step up, superb fast bass, still easy to drive and reasonably efficient at aroun 89dB.

They are in great condition, in Cherry veneer. One has a small chip on the top rear corner, the other a smaller ding on the same corner. I don't have the grilles to hand but I'll dig them out.
    There are a few marks on the outriggers, the original spikes will be supplied.

These don't come up often but I'm looking for 1100.

Collection only from Faringdon, nr Swindon

Larsen 4.2

Pair of the newer Larsen 4.2 speakers in black finish.

In great condition. Few smudge marks shown are fingerprints due to the satin finish. One has a very small scratch as I've tried to show but only shows in certain light.

Designed to work up against rear walls if you need some discreet but big sounding speakers.
    Comes with the original box and packaging etc.

Looking for 600.

Courier Delivery 25 or can deliver locally.

Collection from Faringdon, nr Swindon

Larsen 4.2 by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

System by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

Last edited by hoopsontoast; 27-11-2019 at 18:38.
    Rega P9/RB1000/Ania | Ray Samuels F-117 Nighthawk | Sony DVP-S9000ES | Decware Zen | Supravox DIY

I'm Grant.

Larsen pics not worky
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**Don't be such a big girl's blouse!**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

RIP Terry... "We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose."

I'm Rob.

Amended
    Rega P9/RB1000/Ania | Ray Samuels F-117 Nighthawk | Sony DVP-S9000ES | Decware Zen | Supravox DIY

I'm Rob.

Larsen 4.2 Reduced to 550 and more information/photos added.
    Last edited by hoopsontoast; 27-11-2019 at 18:38.

I'm Rob.

Bump

I'm Rob.

Bump

I'm Rob.

Pre-Election Bump

I'm Rob.

Bump

I'm Russell.

Very under appreciated speakers. Maximum waf as should be tight against front wall. I use 8.2's, just a bigger version of these ones offered. Respect.

I'm Rob.

Would be interested in swap/PX for some ATC Scm10 or large Tannoys (Dover, Caernavon, Stirling etc or similar)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast