+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello everyone!

I'm Svetoslav.

Default Hello everyone!

Hi there! As you see i'm new here. I'm from Bulgaria, live in the capital - Sofia.
    I was redirected to this forum when browsing hifishark, but i'll gladly read and write topics here!
    Sound and audio equipment was my first serious hobby, when i was 13. Then i was able to create my first loudspeakers from an old wardrobe, using Jamo speakers from small bookshelfs
    Now i'm 35 and i have two systems, which are:
    PC > Rainbow 18 DAC > Nordost Red Dawn interconnect > Marantz SR5005 > custom made short interconnects > Rotel RMB 1075 > Nordost Red Dawn > Dynaudio Audience 52 on Dynaudio stands, Audience 120+ center, Dynaudio sub 250 and Wharfedale programme d30 surround speakers. Media player is Popcorn A210, TV is Samsung Q60 series @65inch.

Second system:
    Cambridge Audio D-500 SE player > Atlas fiber optics > Audiolab M-Dac+ > Nordost Red Dawn > late Audiolab 8000A > Chord Clearway speaker cable > Dynaudio Audience 62. There is also Unitra Fonica G601A turntable equipped with low cost Audio Technica cartridge and QED interconnect.

Basically i spent over 15 years of listening to different amps with my speakers, and figured out that Audiolab works great, also the Rotel 1075, but Krell KAV300i is the best amp i've heard with my speakers...and not only. Dynaudio was my dream since i was kid, and now i am happy to own two simple budget systems that sound great!

As i mentioned above, i was searching to pair of speakers, very different from Dynaudio sound - ProAc Studio 125. That was the first speakers, i still remember how they sounded with Primare amp in one garage shop nearby, 23 years ago! Detailed, enormous dynamic and punch - what a sound! These days i would happily throw away Dynaudio 62s and change them with Studio 125. There is one very big difference from Dynos and ProAc - Dynos (Audience) are not capable of accurate playing in low volumes - mids, higs and overall magic falls off, until ProAc plays every tone with ease.
    That's my story and why i'm here now - upgrading to pair of ProAc or just discussing other possibilities!
    P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

...i mainly listen to old school rock,...better let's put some bands: Deep Purple, Toto, Opeth, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Godjira, Pantera, Black Sun Empire, LTJ Bukem, Fabriclive series, Asian Dub Foundation, RJD2, Hive, Hybrid, Melody Gardot, Chesky Records, Mo Horizons, Massive Attack, Moby, Jan Garbarek, BB King...

I'm Gary.

Hi and welcome,

Your English is perfect, enjoy joining in.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Steve.

Welcome!

Your English is fine.
    Thorens TD550, Ortofon 12", Ortofon Jubilee or Koetsu Black; Rothwell MCL SUT, VTL 2.5 pre, XTC POW 1 power; Naim CD5x; KEF Reference 3.2's; Van den Hul interconnects and speaker cables.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Svetoslav. Welcome to AOS.

Speakers that sound right at lower volumes tend to be those with a 'fast' character, like Triangles, Lowthers and JBL's in my view. I think it may have something to do with perceived transient response. It's not an absolute rule of course.

Join in the chat and get to know the members, they're a friendly bunch and there's a lot going on here.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

+ Reply to Thread