+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale: Croft Micro 25 RSLS with Khozmo passive attenuators and remote control

I'm Panos.

Default FS: UNIQUE Croft Micro 25 RSLS with Khozmo passive attenuators and remote control

I have been a devoted user of Croft gear since 1989, when I was studying in the UK. I own six (6) Croft boxes.

The preamp on offer is the top of the Croft line. It is the Micro 25 RSLS with external power supply (230V) and dual-mono architecture, i.e. has two 12BH7A valves, one per channel. Glenn Croft has further upgraded the Micro 25 RSLS with Mundorf Mcap Supreme capacitors, better resistors and better RCA posts. The preamps has four (4) line inputs and two (2) outputs, so that even a subwoofer can be driven. No phono stage is included.

Croft owners know that if there is one point with Croft gear that has room for improvement that would be the volume pots (actually there are two of them with Croft amps). In this particular model, the inexpensive Tocos volume pots have been replaced by the excellent (and rather expensive) Khozmo shunt passive attenuators (discrete 64 steps), which were expertly fitted by Arek Kalas himself, the designer and manufacturer of Khozmo. Those attenuators come with two LED displays (one per channel), that indicate the volume level. Furthermore, Arek installed an upgraded input selector. A new, metal front-plate was cut with to accommodate the volume indicators. The workmanship is so good as if it had been designed like that from the very beginning.

And a very nice surprise is that the preamp now has a remote control. It’s a heavy-duty metallic remote control (not made out of flimsy plastic), that allows to control the volume of each channel independently or change the volume of both channels at the same time, change the channel and mute/unmute. All of that from your listening position, a very rare treat for Croft owners.

So, what about the sound? It is definitely cleaner, with more detail, less grainy and even smoother than the already excellent stock Micro 25 RSLS. The upgrade to the stepped attenuators was well worth the cost and the long wait, until all the mods could take place.

This is a one-of-a-kind Croft model, most probably the ONLY ONE IN THE WORLD. It is in full working order.

The preamp currently lives in Greece and can be shipped to anywhere within the European Union (to avoid customs controls and opening of the boxes). Shipping cost will be assumed by the seller (via EMS). The amps will travel under the risk of the buyer. Any additional insurance may be assumed by the buyer.The asking price is 2,400 GBP (incl. shipping costs). The preamp can be shipped within one (1) day after reception of the payment into seller’s bank account.

I will be happy to reply to any AoS members, if someone is seriously interested and needs more information. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
    Panos

P.S. I am selling this beloved Croft preamp along with other hi-fi gear (to be posted later), because I have decided to downsize my hi-fi systems.

Preamp...

PSU...

Last edited by pankon; 24-11-2019 at 19:21.
    System1: Lenco L75 with custom plinth, SLAT, sph bearing, SG4 external power supply + Alfred Bokrand AB-309 tonearm + Denon DL103R (aluminum body) + Well Tempered 12" tonearm clone + Denon DL103R (wooden body), ASR Mini Basis Exclusive HV, Marantz CD6005, LAB12 DAC1 SE+, Hattor BIG passive + active pre, Lab12 Suono power amp, Falcon LS3/5a Gold Badge, LAB12 Gordian, Belden 8428, Black Cat Red Level Triode, LAB12 Knack MkII

System 2: Roksan Xerxes original (HiFi Inspire plinth) with Maxon ReMax motor + Audiomods Series6 + Ortofon Cadenza Black microridge retipped, ASR Mini Basis Exclusive, Marantz CD6003, Croft Micro25R + Series7R monoblocks (110W/ea), Harbeth SHL5 Plus 40th Anniv.

System 3: Marantz CD6003, Croft SuperMicroII ('R' spec by Croft, Tesla E83CC in phono)+ Series7, Snell Type EII (with bypass caps, new internal wiring, WBT nextgen 0703Cu), Mark Grant HDX1, Atlas Hyper 3.0

I'm Geoff.

You need to display those photos at full size Panos. Please check the selling rules.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Roger.

Wow, wow wow!

Good luck selling this - shouldn’t hang around long!

I'm Panos.

Hi Geoff,

I am aware of the rules, but I am trying to figure out how to do it. I am posting at full size and the photos are automatically shrunk -((.

Thanks,
    Panos
    System1: Lenco L75 with custom plinth, SLAT, sph bearing, SG4 external power supply + Alfred Bokrand AB-309 tonearm + Denon DL103R (aluminum body) + Well Tempered 12" tonearm clone + Denon DL103R (wooden body), ASR Mini Basis Exclusive HV, Marantz CD6005, LAB12 DAC1 SE+, Hattor BIG passive + active pre, Lab12 Suono power amp, Falcon LS3/5a Gold Badge, LAB12 Gordian, Belden 8428, Black Cat Red Level Triode, LAB12 Knack MkII

System 2: Roksan Xerxes original (HiFi Inspire plinth) with Maxon ReMax motor + Audiomods Series6 + Ortofon Cadenza Black microridge retipped, ASR Mini Basis Exclusive, Marantz CD6003, Croft Micro25R + Series7R monoblocks (110W/ea), Harbeth SHL5 Plus 40th Anniv.

System 3: Marantz CD6003, Croft SuperMicroII ('R' spec by Croft, Tesla E83CC in phono)+ Series7, Snell Type EII (with bypass caps, new internal wiring, WBT nextgen 0703Cu), Mark Grant HDX1, Atlas Hyper 3.0

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Panos,

Got your PM, but thought I'd reply here. You need to use an image-hosting site, with which to upload your pictures, rather than going direct through our site.

Try this image-hosting site: https://postimages.org/

It's free and very easy to use. When you generate the link and post it on the forum, images will appear as full size

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Panos.

Thanks, Marco. Very kind of you to respond so quickly. Please give me a few minutes and I will update the post (please do not delete it).

Best regards,
    Panos

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

No problem. If you need any further help, let me know

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I've done it for you Panos.

Preamp:

Power supply:

Good luck with the sale.
    Barry

I'm Panos.

Thanks for all the support, gentlemen. Much appreciated.

I've managed to post the links to the photos in full size.

Have a nice week.

Panos

I'm Mathew.

Hey Panos,

That's a fancy box! I have an RSLS custom build also, not quite as flash as that tho. Did I sell you those KB/AD's?
    I've put mine up for sale a couple times and chickened out; you have to keep a steady nerve

atb,
    Mat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast