+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EAR Yoshino 534

I'm Martin.

Default EAR Yoshino 534

Seriously thinking of letting this go, having owned it for over twelve years, and superb it is.

Recently driven back to EAR for a service. All power valves replaced with Tim's latest picks.

Over the years had it serviced three times. Given faultless service.

Thinking of £2,250 ONO.

Double boxed, but I won't courier this. Pick up only. Sarf London.

I'm Graham.

I have heard this amp a few times and it sounds gorgeous. Martin, i am sure you will regret selling this....

I'm Martin.

Hi Graham,

You might be right. Having taken the Nord One Up out of circuit with the SBLs and replaced it with the 534, at your suggestion, it was obviously better. The Naim CB250 is of the same overall quality as the EAR with the SBLs, but the Avondaled CB250 is a step up again; although with my ART, Living Voice and Focal I would pick the EAR every time; system synergy.

As I intend to keep the SBLs I would rather find a good home for it, rather than put it in the double box in the loft; but, only if I am offered a reasonable price.

I suspect I may well be able to bring it over to try with your JBLs!

Cheers,

M

I'm Javier.

Hi there
    PM sent.
    Javier

I'm Martin.

Thx Javier,

Replied.

M

I'm Martin.

Sold .....very sad to see it go, but it has gone to a good home.

I'm Graham.

Glad it has gone to a worthy home. Lucky buyer whoever s/he is - its a lovely amp.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by graham67 View Post
    Glad it has gone to a worthy home. Lucky buyer whoever s/he is - its a lovely amp.
    Hi Graham,

I felt so SAD when I left, it is a great amp - and sounds excellent through Javier's DCs. I just sent him this:

When I removed the Allegri from my system I powered down my Avondaled Naim 250 (ACB250), so when I replaced the preamp and fired things up I thought my system sounded horrible; and so suffered a, ‘Oh my God, have I made a mistake!’ moment.

I then realised I hadn’t rejoined my preamp to my grounding yoke, which helped, and this morning things are back on song!

He is going to come over and listen to my setup. In due course I'll take the 868 over for him to listen to - which is NOT for sale. I think the Allegri surprised him, but I did tell him I have listened to a number of passive pre-amps in my system which did have a slight tendancy to add detail but suck a tad of dynamics from the music, in my system.

I have ordered a new dual mono from Les (Avondale) based on his new NC300 cards, should be interesting. Oh, and I bought a Naim Axent centre to go with the SBLs last week - rather more punch than the Audio Physic I was using, and tonally FAR better match ....obviously.

ATB,

M

I'm Javier.

Hello everyone.
    it was a real pleasure to meet you, Martin. It is good to meet people that may think different to you but can have an open conversation about different topics in life .
    In love with EAR so far and yes, as soon as I get on track with my normal life, weeding, Christmas and so on, we have to arrange that listening session. I will take the Henry Texier album to check the differences.
    have a great week.
    Javi

I'm Javier.

Hello everyone.
    it was a real pleasure to meet you, Martin. It is good to meet people that may think different to you but can have an open conversation about different topics in life .
    In love with EAR so far and yes, as soon as I get on track with my normal life, weeding, Christmas and so on, we have to arrange that listening session. I will take the Henry Texier album to check the differences.
    have a great week.
    Javi

+ Reply to Thread