+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roon 1.7 - new release.

I'm Edward.

Not had a chance of trying version 1.7 yet.

@Grant, I've set up Roon Server on 3 (perhaps more?) different systems and, once the indexing is done, it is speedy even on relatively low end machines. I guess something strange on your system.

Let me know if you want me to have a look, I can remote desktop in. send me a whatsapp if you do.

When I trialled Roon first time I needed more time so I sent a message to Roon and they gave me a further 6 weeks (on top of the initial month).
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

I've just tried roon as a server on my other faster pc and it worked fine. All set up in 20 mins.
    Using the other pc as a remote it still won't work any better.
    So it doesn't like my i5 2.5 ghz with 6gb of ram. Yet that is well over min spec.
    Still takes 45secs to populate 10 covers on a page. And while it's doing that the program won't do anything else.
    Although it's not overly stressing pc and it can be used for other things
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Not had a chance of trying version 1.7 yet.

@Grant, I've set up Roon Server on 3 (perhaps more?) different systems and, once the indexing is done, it is speedy even on relatively low end machines. I guess something strange on your system.

Let me know if you want me to have a look, I can remote desktop in. send me a whatsapp if you do.

When I trialled Roon first time I needed more time so I sent a message to Roon and they gave me a further 6 weeks (on top of the initial month).
    See how it goes Ed. It's all very odd. This pc runs av and jriver together if I want plus a browser and security etc.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

How much free space on your laptop?

Might need a few gb spare for Roon to work at it's best

I'm Grant.

Not gure but think plenty. Will check tomorrow
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Curious about Roon, so very interested to see how you get on with it Grant.
    I’m happily running Audirvana on a Mac mini.
    It’s an old machine so also not sure if it’s good enough to run the software.

I'm Gary.

try updating the graphic drivers in your laptop Grant.
    Could be a gfx issue.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 24-11-2019 at 09:48.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    try updating tbe graphic drivers in your laptop Grant.
    Could be a gfx issue.
    tried that but they are up to date. its an intel hd 4000. must be some upset between this pc and roon.looking like a lost cause.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    tried that but they are up to date. its an intel hd 4000. must be some upset between this pc and roon.looking like a lost cause.
    Exactly the same Gfx chip that’s in my Roon server, so it’s not that.
    Couple of additional things to try.

Slow loading of album art etc could point to a data transfer issue, I know JRiver works fine, but Roon does things quite differently.
    Your streaming from a usb hard drive?
    Is it definitely running USB 3?
    Try a different port, a different cable too.

Try a Network reset.
    Everything off, computers, phones on airplane mode, router/modem off at the wall and any networking switches if you have any in your setup.
    Enjoy a cup of coffee and come back to it after 10 mins or so.

Restart in this order.

1 Superhub, or equivalent on, let it boot up and get to it’s ready state.
    2 Any network switches you may have
    3 laptops on.
    4 phones off airplane mode

Try Roon again.

fingers crossed!
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Exactly the same Gfx chip that’s in my Roon server, so it’s not that.
    Couple of additional things to try.

Slow loading of album art etc could point to a data transfer issue, I know JRiver works fine, but Roon does things quite differently.
    Your streaming from a usb hard drive?
    Is it definitely running USB 3?
    Try a different port, a different cable too.

Try a Network reset.
    Everything off, computers, phones on airplane mode, router/modem off at the wall and any networking switches if you have any in your setup.
    Enjoy a cup of coffee and come back to it after 10 mins or so.

Restart in this order.

1 Superhub, or equivalent on, let it boot up and get to it’s ready state.
    2 Any network switches you may have
    3 laptops on.
    4 phones off airplane mode

Try Roon again.

fingers crossed!
    Ok, Ive got to the root... Ive installed the 32 bit version and its now running fine. A few glitches. I occasionally get an odd noise, and it doesnt import my wma downloads that are on the disc for some reason(both jriver and AV do this no problem)

apparently there is a known issue with this card and the 64 bit version that dont play ball
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast