+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roon 1.7 - new release.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    something very wrong there, you more than meet minimum specs.
    should run licketty split.

When you installed it, did you install it as Roon or Roon Server?
    Be worth uninstalling it and installing Roon Server on your laptop instead.
    My preferred way of using it is to use my phone or tablet as the controller, rather than operating it from the computer.

Be worth trying it this way, using the IOS or Android App, both very good.
    I would tend to agree.

Install Roon Server on the laptop and Roon remote (Roon App) on anything else your using (phone / iPad etc).

I now run Roon Server on my NUC, but when I was using my Surface Laptop I installed both Roon Server and Roon Remote and used Roon Remote to control the music.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Thought Roon was 14 day trial?

The slow load of yours sounds wrong, any time I've tried it it runs pretty fast.
    jriver and audirvana run quick... put me off it quite frankly
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    jriver and audirvana run quick... put me off it quite frankly
    Something’s not right, Roon should run pretty quick. In fact, quicker than Jriver.

A silly ask, but hopefully your not running your laptop Wi-Fi?

I'm Grant.

Uninstalled. Was doing my nut it.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Something’s not right, Roon should run pretty quick. In fact, quicker than Jriver.

A silly ask, but hopefully your not running your laptop Wi-Fi?

No its ethernet. Hard drive was attached by usb3.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Definitely a mystery this one Grant.

If you fancy a rematch with it, I can install and set it up next time I’m over?
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Grant.

I've reinstalled it. Will leave it on all night and see how it works in morning. Maybe the analysing takes longer than the jriver version (which u have to switch on)
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Daft question...
    your not running JRiver in the background are you?

If the server component of JRiver is on, that could affect what Roon is doing.
    Check if JRiver service is running, if it is disable it in Task Manager.
    See if that makes any odds.

Shouldn't be anything JRiver on in the background.
    Roon works so well you can think of it as an “appliance”...it just works...so there’s some schennanigans going on somewhere.
    Well worth getting it right mate.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I've reinstalled it. Will leave it on all night and see how it works in morning. Maybe the analysing takes longer than the jriver version (which u have to switch on)
    I’m still mystified why its slow. The only difference I can see is that my NAS is networked, rather than USB 3 but USB 3 Transfer speeds are pretty quick.? And shouldn’t slow the system down.

I still think you need to install Roon Server though.

Hope you do succeed though. Perhaps once it’s indexed, all will be ok.

I'm Grant.

I dare say I could install it on the other laptop and use this o e as remote if there is an app for Windows.
    Plays and works fine on android connected to the pc. Just the pc that is unable to scroll or do its job visually etc. It really should be able to do both. It's not using all that much resource according to windows
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast