+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Roon 1.7 - new release.

I'm Edward.

I've been playing around with ver 1.7 of Roon and like the improvements. The Live Radio feature is very good. Already discovered loads of radio stations worth listening to a lot. The 'New Releases' feature is spot on. Very much tuned to my library and listening history. Searches and general latency much improved.

No sign of external access (outside my LAN) yet despite rumours it is in the pipeline. I guess difficult to implement (although JRiver has it). In any event I can access my Library from anywhere via Tidal.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

An updste re Roon.. android remote access has been down for some time but back today(no idea whats going on there). Anyway I am still getting used to it and enjoying its features. Sound is fine bar inability to adjust gain for when I use my bluetooth dongle for cans. Jriver I can do this, so it must be possible.(maybe against their ethos)
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    An updste re Roon.. android remote access has been down for some time but back today(no idea whats going on there). Anyway I am still getting used to it and enjoying its features. Sound is fine bar inability to adjust gain for when I use my bluetooth dongle for cans. Jriver I can do this, so it must be possible.(maybe against their ethos)
    Did you try the same process we chatted about recently with Device Setup etc?

In all the Roon endpoints I've tried I've always managed to attenuate the volume.

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Did you try the same process we chatted about recently with Device Setup etc?

In all the Roon endpoints I've tried I've always managed to attenuate the volume.

§
    Hi Edward, yes its not to attenuate but to increase beyond the 100%. in jriver you can add a few db if your playing to a fixed volume output like a bluetooth dongle and headphones. its especially healpful when the music is older and often not so loud. Not a huge issue but I do use it a lot in river.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Link to Android is gone again... most annoying and only happens with Roon.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Link to Android is gone again... most annoying and only happens with Roon.
    When this happened to me last week, when it showed the connect to another core I clicked on the 'need help' text that shows there you choose 'select another core' and then entered the following IP Address

If I remember correctly it then gives you the location of the core which in my case is my desktop PC, I connected to that and been no issues since

Ok it sometimes takes a few seconds to connect but at least it connects every time now

PS: in fact you can click on ' Choose another Core' does the same thing

I'm Grant.

I just read something about that on support. What ive done is to reserve the core pc's ip address. see if that lock its position in case its changing...
    if that doesnt work I will try yours.
    where did you input the address?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

I just read something about that on support. What ive done is to reserve the core pc's ip address. see if that lock its position in case its changing...
    if that doesnt work I will try yours.
    where did you input the address?
    When you click the options I listed above it comes up with a box to enter that IP address.

I couldn't show that screen as I'm already connected/sorted

I'm Mike.

When you click the options I listed above it comes up with a box to enter that IP address.

I couldn't show that screen as I'm already connected/sorted

I'm Grant.

ok, I am sure i clicked that before but nothing came up.. I will retry it if i lose it again. cheers
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast