+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roon 1.7 - new release.

I'm Gary.

Default Roon 1.7 - new release.

Helluva update.
    https://blog.roonlabs.com/roon-1-7-valence/

Search is much faster now, feels a lot snappier and the algorithm that suggests new music is darned spooky.
    Anyone else had a play?
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Helluva update.
    https://blog.roonlabs.com/roon-1-7-valence/

Search is much faster now, feels a lot snappier and the algorithm that suggests new music is darned spooky.
    Anyone else had a play?
    Yep, would agree.... a massive improvement. Roon Radio is definitely spooky but very clever.

Still getting to grips with the other mods and especially the search facility. Finding things I didn’t even know existed.

All in all, everything appears to be better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Gary.

One new cool thing I’ve noticed is that when listening to any piece of music, a sidebar pops up, making album/artist suggestions on an album by album basis.
    I wrongly thought the new “suggestions for you” feature was only on the Library Overview screen.

Very cool.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Grant.

One new cool thing I’ve noticed is that when listening to any piece of music, a sidebar pops up, making album/artist suggestions on an album by album basis.
    I wrongly thought the new “suggestions for you” feature was only on the Library Overview screen.

Very cool.
    Just downloaded roon... Its taking an awful long time going through music etc. seems to use a lot of memory etc... not sure its going to be any good on this pc.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Can take a while to index your music Grant, especially if you have a lot.
    Its a one shot deal though, just to initially build its Database.

Your laptops a speedy one I thought, should be plenty horsepower for it.
    can be slow doing anything when it’s indexing the database, best let it do its thing.

Its awesome, think you’ll dig it.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Grant.

Can take a while to index your music Grant, especially if you have a lot.
    Its a one shot deal though, just to initially build its Database.

Your laptops a speedy one I thought, should be plenty horsepower for it.
    can be slow doing anything when it’s indexing the database, best let it do its thing.

Its awesome, think you’ll dig it.
    got it on the slower of 2 although its not too slow either. will leave it all day and use jriver
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

still seems rediculously slow. it takes 5/6 secs to put a single album art in on a page. This pc is i5 2.50ghz with 6gb ram.. it should be more than adequete to run a music program surely?
    its using only 5% cpu and 350mb memory. but its so slow.. like mollases in wintertime
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

something very wrong there, you more than meet minimum specs.
    should run licketty split.

When you installed it, did you install it as Roon or Roon Server?
    Be worth uninstalling it and installing Roon Server on your laptop instead.
    My preferred way of using it is to use my phone or tablet as the controller, rather than operating it from the computer.

Be worth trying it this way, using the IOS or Android App, both very good.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Grant.

something very wrong there, you more than meet minimum specs.
    should run licketty split.

When you installed it, did you install it as Roon or Roon Server?
    Be worth uninstalling it and installing Roon Server on your laptop instead.
    My preferred way of using it is to use my phone or tablet as the controller, rather than operating it from the computer.

Be worth trying it this way, using the IOS or Android App, both very good.
    ios needs 64 bit ipad. the android app works well enough and is faster but only on a phone.. its not getting any money if my pc cant run it. I put a ticket into support but nothing.
    have to say for the money its not at races.
    I installed it as roon I think. it was a 1 month free trial. My library isnt that big.. 1000 albums. Its been on for hrs. everytime i click cursor to move left or right no art comes up and it takes about a minute just to fill the one page. if i leave page and come back it does same.. after a click you have to wait for 15/20 secs min to get it to do anything again.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Thought Roon was 14 day trial?

The slow load of yours sounds wrong, any time I've tried it it runs pretty fast.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast