+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Roon 1.7 - new release.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ok, I am sure i clicked that before but nothing came up.. I will retry it if i lose it again. cheers
    Ah, found it, once you click try adifferent core, click on the 'help' writing shown in this photo

That gives you the IP box.

I'm Malcolm.

Roon is indispensable for me now - and I think I had bought the lifetime subscription within 48 hours of starting the trial. Didn't use the whole 14 days.

It seems to be that an SSD boot drive for the software and database files, and HDD for music storage is the best option. (Was a bit flaky with music storage on a NAS in my set-up.)

For me it's the networked / multi-room aspect that's the killer feature. The Core PC runs my Marantz HD-DAC1 in the office system (mostly headphones), with a Bryston BDP-1USB as the "endpoint" on the big rig. Then Chromecast / Google speakers for casual use all around the house, and phones and tablets can also act as players for headphones, as well as remotes for music selection.

Rejoined Tidal on the Black Friday offer to try out all the 1.7 enhancements - and I really like the suggestions and Roon Radio even if I get angsty about rented music having equal footing with my owned rips and downloads. It's very clever though.

Technics SL1210 MkII / SME 309 / Timestep PSU / Achromat / Denon DL-304
    Phono stage PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter
    Lossless / MP3 / Tidal > Roon > Bryston BDP-1USB > Marantz NA-11S1
    Marantz UD7007 SACD/Blu-ray/DVD-V/DVD-A
    Toshiba BDX1200 Blu-ray player (Zone A & Region 1)
    Audiolab 8200AP pre-amp/processor
    Power amp: Arcam P7
    B&W 804S stereo (bi-amped), HTM4S centre, CDMSNT surrounds (5.0)
    Sennheiser HD 700 headphones
    Panasonic PT-AT6000 projector

I'm Grant.

I got another month trial from Roon.. Kevin offered it so i accepted as i never got to use it as much as I would have liked due to various things getting in way.
    Very kind of him...

Ive a better chance to put it directly up against the new versions of Audirvana and jriver 26.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Crackin’ update to Roon 1.7 there, build 571.
    Ipad users you may need to manually update through the App Store.

From the Roon blurb,

“The latest update of Roon is now rolling out, with bug fixes, performance improvements, and our new Recent Activity feature!
    Recent Activity

Roon’s overview screen has always functioned as a kind of “home” screen, providing you with easy access to your recently added music and new releases recommended for you. If you liked an album enough to add it to your collection, Roon has always made sure it’s close to hand.
    But we realize that not everyone listens in the same way, and with the latest Roon release, we wanted to make sure ‘overview’ was useful to those who spend their time listening to singles, playlists, or classical compositions, too.
    Now, in addition to browsing recent library additions, your new ‘Recent Activity’ will also give you quick access to all sorts of content you’ve been listening to lately, including albums, playlists, artists, tracks, and compositions. So it’s easier than ever to find your latest music discoveries and more.”

Roons always had the History feature, showing what you’ve been playing, but it’s just a list.
    This is much better and until you start using it you don’t realise how cool it is.
    The best just got better...Use it all the time now,

A screenshot:
    Last edited by Gazjam; 18-06-2020 at 14:48.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Grant.

got that update today
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Richard.

This latest Roon update is fantastic.

I'd long given up on Tidal as a streaming service, mostly due to the fact that its 'recommendations' were at the opposite end of the musical spectrum to anything that actually appealed to me. I took the recent offer of £4 for 4 months just to see if things had moved on at all and upon opening the main application, 2 years down the line, I am STILL seeing the likes of Kanye West and Beyonce in the recommended list so I decided straight away that I would not be extending past the offer period.

Then along comes the Roon update and the new 'New releases for you' section of the Overview page is showing me stuff from Ezra Furman, Norah Jones, Iggy Pop, Sparks, King Gizzard, Jonathan Richman - All stuff that I'll be wanting to listen to. That is EXACTLY what I needed from Tidal and it's a major boost to Roon. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a busy afternoon of catching up...
    Rich

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by lovejoy View Post
    This latest Roon update is fantastic.

I'd long given up on Tidal as a streaming service, mostly due to the fact that its 'recommendations' were at the opposite end of the musical spectrum to anything that actually appealed to me. I took the recent offer of £4 for 4 months just to see if things had moved on at all and upon opening the main application, 2 years down the line, I am STILL seeing the likes of Kanye West and Beyonce in the recommended list so I decided straight away that I would not be extending past the offer period.

Then along comes the Roon update and the new 'New releases for you' section of the Overview page is showing me stuff from Ezra Furman, Norah Jones, Iggy Pop, Sparks, King Gizzard, Jonathan Richman - All stuff that I'll be wanting to listen to. That is EXACTLY what I needed from Tidal and it's a major boost to Roon. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a busy afternoon of catching up...
    yeah its happening with qobuz too so its roon thats driving it,..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

roon's latest update crashed my roon system.. just a warning
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    roon's latest update crashed my roon system.. just a warning
    No problems with it here, what’s actually occurred?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Latest firmware update to my Lumin crashed it. It’s bricked. :-(
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast