+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stunning new female solo artist..... FKA Twigs

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yeah, Alison Goldfrapp's a good shout. New on the radar for me (don't know how I missed her until now), but for me ticks so many boxes as a performer. It's not just about her ethereal-like voice either; it's the whole package - very surreal and 'out there', and the kind of talent we very rarely see today, which is completely divorced from the bland manufactured pap produced today.

This performance of Cellophane is simply spellbinding:

As is her version of Summertime, Live at Maida Vale, including the rest of her mesmerising performaces:

Stunning.... Timbo, this would be right up your street!

Marco.
    Just watched these and the other one, absolutely superb, wonderful singer and songs and beautifully performed, very talented! Thanks for that Marco
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Got her first LP from 2014, didn't realise she'd released another. Interesting, and the Jools Holland appearance was good. (But what the heck was Harry Stiles wearing???)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm guy.

Gucci!

Really didn't enjoy Twiggs, however Brittany Howard was brilliant in my view.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I saw her on 'Later' (twice!). Clearly she has talent, both vocal (and looking at the YouTube videos, gymnastic) - but what she does is not really my cup of tea.

Jools has always been a lousy interviewer, so when that part of the programme occurred, I use to take the opportunity to put out the bins. But with the new format and the use of guest co-presenters, it is far worse. In the edition a week before with Ronnie Wood and Imelda May, it was toe curling and a total embarrassment!
    Last edited by Barry; 24-11-2019 at 17:59. Reason: Correction :doh:
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Brittany Howard was brilliant in my view.
    Yes I agree, had never heard of her before but her performances were ace.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Josie.

Glad you found Twigs, Marco.

I saw her live a couple of years back by chance as a friend had a ticket. Superb gig.

Sent from my BBC Microcomputer 32K
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I saw her on 'Later' (twice!). Clearly she has talent, both vocal (and looking at the YouTube videos, gymnastic) - but what she does is not really my cup of tea.

Jools has always been a lousy interviewer, so when that part of the programme occurred, I use to take the opportunity to put out the bins. But with the new format and the use of guest co-presenters, it is far worse. In the edition a week before with Bill Wyman and Imelda May, it was toe curling and a total embarrassment!
    Yes, I think Bill Wyman did a terrible job of impersonating Ronnie Wood

Agree about the new format, doesn't do it for me. I thought the Brittany Howard performances were the best thing of the whole series. That woman certainly has some presence. Anyone who liked it should have a listen to Alabama Shakes' "Sound and Colour" album from a couple of years ago, where she was the lead singer
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Yes, I think Bill Wyman did a terrible job of impersonating Ronnie Wood
    An easy mistake to make - they both look like "death warmed up"!
    Barry

I'm Adam.

She’s good, but not a patch on Kylie on Graham Norton on Friday night!

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Yes I agree, had never heard of her before but her performances were ace.
    I didn't see Jools, but have seen Brittany a few times (as in Alabama Shakes), she's awesome. Check them out Alex, if you don't know them?
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12