+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings

I'm Laurie.

Default Greetings

Newby member, decided this forum looks more welcoming than the other one I gave up after continually getting grief for my choices, esp importance of system infrastructure, ie Stillpoints, mains cords. Codecs.
    Lucky to have I feel a stonking setup, I have very poor health, so a worthwhile hifi helps kill time.
    Love the forest, my very spoiled cats, and dark comedy.
    Music tastes are broad, like folk , country, choral, worship all things Rem.
    Fave kit is my vitus amp. Love it, can’t lift it.

I'm Grant.

welcome laurie. vitus stuff is preety special..danish i think..enjoy the forum
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Laurie,

Sorry to learn of your ill-health, but glad to hear the enjoyment of music helps.

Yes indeed, the Danish Vitus amplifiers are pretty special! What is the rest of your system?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Laurie. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find this site to your liking and nobody is given grief for their choices. We work to ensure this.

Join in the fun and chat with members, there's plenty going on and everybody is friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread