+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reiver Acoustics Millburn MK ii

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Default Reiver Acoustics Millburn MK ii

I commissioned Colin to build these for me last year to use whilst I was renting a small flat near the site I was working at that didn't have room for my OB's. Shortly afterwards I moved on to another project so these had very little use and were put into storage- I would doubt the drivers are properly run in yet.

The cabinets are made with 18mm Baltic Birch Ply, I chose Crown Cut American Walnut for the veneer which I think looks rather spiffy.

The driver is a 10" coaxial unit from Monacor- the SP-310CX. The bass/mid cone is rated at 96db and the 1" tweeter at 105db, so these are very easy to drive and with high power handling. the crossovers use high quality components- Jantzen 1% tolerance Superes resistors, Jantzen Z-Caps together with Jantzen Iron core (with discs) and Air core inductors.These retailed on the Reiver website at £1250, I'm looking for £700, which I think is a very good price given these are virtually new.

I would be keeping them if I had a use for them as they are great sounding speakers, but now I'm living with my partner I need to get rid of some gear. I'll be advertising some other items in the near future.

Demo is no problem - I'm located in Leeds. I'll deliver within 50 miles free, further within reason for cost of fuel.

Some pics-

Last edited by Ali Tait; 21-11-2019 at 16:40.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread