+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reiver Acoustics Millburn MK ii

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Default Reiver Acoustics Millburn MK ii

I commissioned Colin to build these for me last year to use whilst I was renting a small flat near the site I was working at that didn't have room for my OB's. Shortly afterwards I moved on to another project so these had very little use and were put into storage- I would doubt the drivers are properly run in yet.

The cabinets are made with 18mm Baltic Birch Ply, I chose Crown Cut American Walnut for the veneer which I think looks rather spiffy.

The driver is a 10" coaxial unit from Monacor- the SP-310CX. The bass/mid cone is rated at 96db and the 1" tweeter at 105db, so these are very easy to drive and with high power handling. the crossovers use high quality components- Jantzen 1% tolerance Superes resistors, Jantzen Z-Caps together with Jantzen Iron core (with discs) and Air core inductors.These retailed on the Reiver website at £1250, I'm looking for £700, which I think is a very good price given these are virtually new.

I would be keeping them if I had a use for them as they are great sounding speakers, but now I'm living with my partner I need to get rid of some gear. I'll be advertising some other items in the near future.

Demo is no problem - I'm located in Leeds. I'll deliver within 50 miles free, further within reason for cost of fuel.

Some pics-

Last edited by Ali Tait; 21-11-2019 at 16:40.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Colin.

the crossovers use high quality components such as Mills resistors and ClarityCaps.
    Just to clarify a small misprint by Ali. The XO'ers indeed use high quality components but NOT Mills resistors and Clarity Caps which are good in there own right. I installed Jantzen 1% tolerance Superes resistors, Jantzen Z-Caps together with Jantzen Iron core (with discs) and Air core inductors.

I believe these coaxial drivers are a match (and in some ways excel) for the performance of any the Tannoy dual concentric drivers. You only have to ask Stratmangler what he thinks of these speakers.

I'm Grant.

Again another set of lovely speakers.. If Ali rates them they will be good
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Thanks Colin, my faulty memory. I'll update the ad.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Chris.

I bet they image very well. I had Avantgarde Solos that were co-ax and the imagery was wonderful.
    Poor man's Tannoys? No; just a canny man's!

So....have you located south? A lot of us are thinking Scotland looks good....Boris!
    Chris.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

LOL yes I am back in Leeds again Chris. Yes they do indeed image very well, as Colin said, he rates them as good or better than Tannoys.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Simon.

Dimensions?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by simonpj View Post
    Dimensions?
    996mm high, 323mm wide

10mm less if you remove the feet

Took that from Ali's sale thread on Pink Fish

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Thanks Mike, just seen this. 10mm less though lol.

Cabinet dimensions are H-986, W- 323, D- 227mm. Feet add around 10mm to height.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Thanks Mike, just seen this. 10mm less though lol.
    Sorted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast