+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Akai AA-5500 Intergrated Amp, made in Japan, with Furutech power cable.

I'm Vince.

Default Akai AA-5500 Intergrated Amp, made in Japan, with Furutech power cable.

As per title in excellent condition. I've kept hold of this for years, because I think it's one of the nicest looking vintage amps out there.
    I have had it playing today and there is a little cracle/slight hiss, when turning the volume. However, once you are at your desired volume, it's crystal clear. Also the more I played with the volume the noise lessened. I've given it a little spray of Servisol and it just keeps getting better. I think regular use will soon fix this. It really is alovely sounding amp.
    Now the good bits....it's rated at 30 watts per channel, 20hz - 50khz, but it sounds so much more powerful than 30 watts.
    As I said it's a really beautiful amp with only a couple of light marks on it's top.
    The nasty pre-power jumpers have been replaced with quality RCA's with Mission solid core cable, a big improvement.
    Next, the power cable has been chopped off and an IEC inlet has been fitted close to the cable entry. The Furutech cable is a FP-314ag and really lets the amp sing. it has a Rhodium plated IEC and a good quality mains plug fitted.
    The speaker clips have been replaced with very good quality gold plated solid brass binding posts. These accept banana plugs, spade and bare wire.
    I've been looking at other Akai amps for sale, I cannot find a AA-5500 and the decent ones seem to go for £250 to £400 and upwards..
    I would like £120 for this amp and the power cable and £15 postage please, iy weighs nearl 25lb boxed. An absolute bargain, but it's just sat in the spare bedroom doing nothing and it needs to be appreciated. I don't have the original box but will package well.
    I have genuinely cleaned every RCA input and speaker posts with Caig DeOxit and treated with Caig ProGold.
    So thats £135 posted. Paypal friends and family preferred please. I will inform of postage details as soon as i get them.
    Thanks

[IMG]IMG_0001 by Vincent Parkin, on Flickr[/IMG]

IMG_0003 by Vincent Parkin, on Flickr

[IMG]IMG_0005 by Vincent Parkin, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0006 by Vincent Parkin, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0007 by Vincent Parkin, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0008 by Vincent Parkin, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0009 by Vincent Parkin, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0010 by Vincent Parkin, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0011 by Vincent Parkin, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0015 by Vincent Parkin, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0017 by Vincent Parkin, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'm Vince.

Bump

I'm Alan.

I was at Vinces place yesterday...he had this little Akai playing,...we had it on all day and what a musical amp this is. It's a powerful amp for its 30 watts. Crystal clear..
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Vince.

Now sold, thanks

+ Reply to Thread