+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aphelion Plinth Questions

I'm Steve.

Default Aphelion Plinth Questions

Hi all. I'm hoping someone here can help me with a question about my 401 plinth.

I've recently managed to get my hands on a pretty decent plinth that now happily houses my 401 (pic below). I was told on purchase that the plinth was an Aphelion Architect plinth.

Googling that name does seem to produce pictures of plinths similar to mine, so I was happy to accept that information and leave it at that.

However...

I recently dismantled my 401 to address an oil leak and the under side of the plinth seems to have an autograph followed by the words "No 1 Aphelion"

Because of this I've been trying to find out a bit more about the manufacturer of my plinth. My internet searches haven't really produced much in the way of useful information, so I thought I'd try picking some brains here in case anyone can supply some background information about Aphelion and/or their products.

Any info would be very welcome and gratefully received.

Thanks - Steve

I'm David.

As you haven't had any responses I thought I'd chip in. Back in the late 1990's I think Aphelion were associated with Emporium Hi Fi so it may be worth giving Nick a ring at their "Suffolk" branch as he may know more about it and where it was made. Hope that is of some help.

David Whistance

I'm Steve.

Thanks David - I'll give that a go

Cheers - Steve

I'm Steve.

Actually, David - I've just noticed Nick from Emporium is a member here. I've just sent him a PM

Thanks again for the heads up

I'm Dawn.

Default Aphelion Audio plinth

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky Britches View Post
    Hi all. I'm hoping someone here can help me with a question about my 401 plinth.

I've recently managed to get my hands on a pretty decent plinth that now happily houses my 401 (pic below). I was told on purchase that the plinth was an Aphelion Architect plinth.

Googling that name does seem to produce pictures of plinths similar to mine, so I was happy to accept that information and leave it at that.

However...

I recently dismantled my 401 to address an oil leak and the under side of the plinth seems to have an autograph followed by the words "No 1 Aphelion"

Because of this I've been trying to find out a bit more about the manufacturer of my plinth. My internet searches haven't really produced much in the way of useful information, so I thought I'd try picking some brains here in case anyone can supply some background information about Aphelion and/or their products.

Any info would be very welcome and gratefully received.

Thanks - Steve
    Hello
    Do you still have your plinth.

My name is Dawn, I’m the widow of Trevor Jones, the man who designed and made your Aphelion plinth. It was wonderful to see it again, I remember him signing it.
    Kind regards
    Dawn Jones

I'm Dawn.

Default Your Aphelion plinth

Hello Steve
    My name is Dawn, I’m the widow of Trevor Jones, the man who designed and made your Aphelion plinth. It was so lovely to see it again, I remember when he signed it. Thank you for posting pictures, it brought back some wonderful memories. Have a great day
    Dawn Jones

I'm Steve.

Hi Dawn. Thank you so much for responding to my post. I'm very sorry to hear that Trevor is no longer with us. Please accept my condolences. And please accept my apologies for this late response to your post. I'm afraid I haven't been on this forum since covid turned the world upside down. I would have loved the opportunity to chat to Trevor about his wonderful design. I can assure you it's in fine fettle and is used almost daily. I simply cannot tell you how much pleasure his work has given me over the last few years. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that you'll see this message. Thanks again.
    Sincerely - Steve

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by DDJ View Post
    Hello Steve
    My name is Dawn, I’m the widow of Trevor Jones, the man who designed and made your Aphelion plinth. It was so lovely to see it again, I remember when he signed it. Thank you for posting pictures, it brought back some wonderful memories. Have a great day
    Dawn Jones
    Replying to this message in case it triggeres a notification.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky Britches View Post
    Hi Dawn. Thank you so much for responding to my post. I'm very sorry to hear that Trevor is no longer with us. Please accept my condolences. And please accept my apologies for this late response to your post. I'm afraid I haven't been on this forum since covid turned the world upside down. I would have loved the opportunity to chat to Trevor about his wonderful design. I can assure you it's in fine fettle and is used almost daily. I simply cannot tell you how much pleasure his work has given me over the last few years. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that you'll see this message. Thanks again.
    Sincerely - Steve
    You could try PM'ing Dawn as well as that could trigger an email notification.

I'm Steve.

Thanks, Lawrence - very good suggestion 👍
    Much appreciated

+ Reply to Thread