+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone watching out for Black Friday?

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    I want to change my telly as it's developed the dreaded Samsung magenta noise, large purple blobs on the screen which means the LED array is failing. I'll look for a Black Friday deal but many retailers have good deals anyway.
    We got a Toshiba TV last year - it was around £100 cheaper than a week later. It took ages to "tame" it, as the instructions are rubbish, and some of the features may not work (recording to a memory stick, for example). However, we do use it, and for more normal use (i.e. watching TV programmes - which is what these things are made for ....) it's pretty good. It is a UHD set, and with appropriate inputs it's good - for the money. I'm prepared to believe my friends that a set costing £2k would be better, but this one was under £300. Another good feature it has is that it has both analogue signal inputs for Freeview, plus also inputs for Freesat.

So it is possible to get good or acceptable deals on TVs, based on experiences from previous years. Just check out the reviews (if there are any) of TVs which appear in any deals. For various reasons - perhaps connected with the change in my profile data - the set currently only gets an input from internet connected sources, or other external devices. I've failed totally to get a terrestrial broadcast signal, and I need to rewire or replace the satellite LNB and put in new cable.

Re the suggestion that "black Friday" should be renamed, many years ago a report in an American newspaper in describing a business, read something like "The company after several unprofitable years is now firmly in the African American"!

[If you need a hint to figure this out, let me know.]
    Dave

I'm malcolm.

I just had a good pre black Friday deal, I've been looking out for a new washing machine and saved £75 with eBay 20% code on a LG from Hughes.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by willbewill View Post
    I just had a good pre black Friday deal, I've been looking out for a new washing machine and saved £75 with eBay 20% code on a LG from Hughes.
    PRIZE20? I keep getting that one pop up.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    PRIZE20? I keep getting that one pop up.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Yep that's the one, a good deal if you need something from one of the applicable sellers
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I think this will be the fifth or sixth year now when I won't spend a single penny on BF - I despise the whole concept. Consumerism of the very worst kind.

Give it back to the yanks!

"People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I think this will be the fifth or sixth year now when I won't spend a single penny on BF - I despise the whole concept. Consumerism of the very worst kind.

Give it back to the yanks!

Agree - along with Halloween "Trick or Treat" and Father's Day whilst we're at it.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Has its uses like most things
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm peter.

if you need a tv try https://centresdirect.co.uk/c-46-ref...num=&sort=&rf=
    all come with a 12 month warranty and you can buy a 5 year warranty if you wish too,, it is all Grade A stuff ,,

pete

I'm Grant.

Not bad for Sony stuff.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Agree - along with Halloween "Trick or Treat" and Father's Day whilst we're at it.
    Creeping Americanism.............Or should that be 'creepy'?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast