+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: A totally new British amplifier.. A challenge?

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Exactly but that was the original question.

There are some companies who design and build in the UK but they have to use some components from abroad, such as Rega, Croft, EAR.
    I had a reply from Sugden also confirming this same answer: 'It would be impossible for us to build our equipment with components manufactured from only UK sourced materials.
    I can’t think of any product that could be off the top of my head."

Which is not to say a very patriotic manufacturer could set about making everything from UK components, but would take a lot of patriotism
    and passion. Having finished the first one, I can visualise Dad's army giving them a salute.

I'm Tony.

Sorry double post
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm James.

OP stipulated that the components must be made here by British companies. That kind of excludes Mullard from his reverie, as they were Dutch owned.
    Also even if fabrication of components was achieved, the raw materials would often be mined and refined elsewhere. Its a bit of a pointless exercise attempting to buck the laws of supply and demand, though I notice around 90%of what I own is British made (and some of that pretty ancient ), so I'm not knocking Britain here.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

I think from my point of view, all we [as small individual companies who are still passionate about true HI-FI] can expect to be able to deliver, is a product that has been designed, and built here in the UK, that has taken full advantage of the best components available to us through UK suppliers, and to use some of the best skilled engineering companies here in the UK, to create and produce the casework needed etc.
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    I think from my point of view, all we [as small individual companies who are still passionate about true HI-FI] can expect to be able to deliver, is a product that has been designed, and built here in the UK, that has taken full advantage of the best components available to us through UK suppliers, and to use some of the best skilled engineering companies here in the UK, to create and produce the casework needed etc.
    A...
    100% spot on Anthony
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm James.

And thanks for doing it guys

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Nobody makes an electronic component that is absolutely 100% manufactured in the UK. The biggest single stumbling blocks are the electronic components and I very much doubt it is even possible to source every component from a UK manufacturer (and certainly not a UK owned and UK based manufacturer).
    Spot on. I could see this becoming political especially with comments like China not paying a living wage, which is tosh.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Geoff.

Even if items like capacitors or resistors etc., were manufactured in the UK. You can bet your life the constituent materials would not be all British sourced. Whether that eats into the argument or not, who knows!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Low paid Chinese workers are hard done by... no idea how low electronics assemblers are but betting they will mostly be low. Anyway thats not the discussion .
    Just thought I'd mention it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Even if items like capacitors or resistors etc., were manufactured in the UK. You can bet your life the constituent materials would not be all British sourced. Whether that eats into the argument or not, who knows!
    Of course - we have no deposits of tantalum ore and bauxite, and now, no working copper ore mines in the UK.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast