+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Goldring G1042 cartridge, virtually unused

I'm alan.

Default Goldring G1042 cartridge, virtually unused

Goldring G1042 cartridge, virtually unused. This was sold to me (through this forum) very recently together with a Technics 1200 turntable. It had had less than one month's use and in fact looks virtually unused. The cantilever is absolutely straight and the tip as clean as a whistle. I tried it out very briefly and it sounds excellent, on a par with my Audio Technica AT150 mlx and also tracks equally as well with no sibilance and no inner groove distortion (unlike two examples of an Ortofon Black I once had). Only selling as I have a couple of AT cartridges with spare styli - if I didn't I would definitely keep it. The reason why the deck and cartridge were available is that it was an urgent and unexpected sale. There is no original box or stylus guard - I could get one but it probably wouldn't arrive in time before I go on holiday this Saturday and I'm not back until December 19th. 150 to include insured, next day guaranteed delivery, that's around 100 under the new price. It will be well packed with the cartridge screwed to the bottom of a box so it can't move or get damaged.IMG_5005.jpgIMG_5006.jpgIMG_5007.jpg Not sure if the photos are going to work - if not I'll try again.
    Last edited by alanc; 18-11-2019 at 13:53.

I'm James.

Not working here...

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

I see them OK.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm alan.

Just checked the thumbnail photos and they’re nice and clear. At the top of the description I typed in the IMG numbers but that clearly didn’t work so I’ve removed them.

+ Reply to Thread