+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: Beard p100

I'm Howard.

Default Wanted: Beard p100

My interest has been piqued by internet comments about this one. I know it’s a long shot but I once had luck posting a wanted ad here before so . . .

I'm Rob.

I love my Beard P35, so good luck with the search
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm steve.

I loved my P35 thirty years ago, unfortunately I spent more time working on it with a soldering iron than I did listening to it, mine used to go through valve regulators like shelling peas and then the PSU transformer went up in smoke (literally) which was very difficult to replace as Beard were no longer operating at the time. Managed to contact Bill Beard to get the transformer specs and got one custom made, wasn’t cheap, once it was functional again I sold it on and breathed a sigh of relief. Fantastic amp when working but a nightmare otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandryka View Post
    My interest has been piqued by internet comments about this one. I know it’s a long shot but I once had luck posting a wanted ad here before so . . .
    There's a mkII on the bay, it's cosmetically challenged.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEARD-P10...4AAOSwW6tdhlk~

I'm Howard.

Yes, It's "Mk II" and I can't find any information about this. I've spoken to the seller. He says that it's been professionally serviced but he can't provide any details since the service was done by the previous owner. I'm less worried by the rust marks on the case which he mentions in the description than by the marks on the chassis inside.

+ Reply to Thread