+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: TDL Studio 2 transmission line speakers

I'm Lawrence.

Default FS: TDL Studio 2 transmission line speakers

I've gone and bought 2 pairs of speakers so need some space. These are among my favourite speakers I've owned over many years and dozens of pairs. They are well built and sound great, with detailed mids and highs and bass that goes low but stays tight. The bass supports the music but doesn't dominate as I often find with ported speakers. Rather like a sealed box but with more bass (or bigger driver). They do like a nice strong SS amp to stay in control though.

Before I bought them I read reviews that the metal dome tweeter is a bit hot, I can safely say that is not the case at all. They are very well balanced across the whole frequency range. In fact I changed my cable to get more treble out of them (my last cable was a bit laid back).

As I want to move them on quick I'm after £295 collected from North London near the M25 A10 A1, A406 etc . The last pair went for nearly £400 and the smaller Studio 1s go for a similar or higher price than I'm asking.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Just to add a pair of the Studio 0.5's sold recently for over £300. I think that's 3 models down from mine - 0.5, 0.75, 1, 2.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F174085311618

I'm Lawrence.

Bump

I'm Lawrence.

I'm just holding off from relisting on eBay at a 99p start until the next £1 fee offer comes up, as I'm convinced that they'll go for about £400 that way. Once I get a bid then, they'll be withdrawn from the forums.

I'm Lawrence.

These are on eBay now. Started at 99p but a few bids now. Feel free to have a go!

I'm Luke.

How much did they go for eventually if you dont mind me asking and if you're still here? I pretty much accidentally got a pair of these speakers recently, although mine look a bit different, wood is darker, crossover is different and front cloth has a brass enclosure. Speakers themselves sound spectacular and beautifully compliment rest of my setup(B&W+KEF+PolkAudio+Wharfedale+Denon). They will definitely be staying with me as long as they or I work, very happy with them
    All my friends love them too and are usually stunned how good these are.

I'm Steve.

Had i known you were selling these..........

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Had i known you were selling these..........
    It was 18 months ago, and in London!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Katar83 View Post
    How much did they go for eventually if you dont mind me asking and if you're still here? I pretty much accidentally got a pair of these speakers recently, although mine look a bit different, wood is darker, crossover is different and front cloth has a brass enclosure. Speakers themselves sound spectacular and beautifully compliment rest of my setup(B&W+KEF+PolkAudio+Wharfedale+Denon). They will definitely be staying with me as long as they or I work, very happy with them
    All my friends love them too and are usually stunned how good these are.
    I forget but they didn't sell as quickly as I would have liked at what I thought was a decent price for this model. It was probably under £250 in the end, maybe an little over.

I'm Luke.

I think main issue with them is location and that they are rather heavy so almost impossible to post, I know there were two of these sets sold for ~£650 recently and single Studio 0.5 for £350 but all three sellers had postage either included or at an extra price, I think Studio 3 were £60 to post.
    Then there was a set in South West Wales that didn't even sell for £160 initially because was just collection only?
    One way or another I think my set is well worth its premium price and I can highly recommend these to anyone.

+ Reply to Thread