+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LDA power supply feeding CDP

I'm Drew.

Default LDA power supply feeding CDP

As I'm currently awaiting a new cart for my TT I've had to briefly return to digital and specifically, spinning CDs. Over the last few days I've mentioned to several people that I was rather underwhelmed by the sound, which was somewhat flat and uninvolving in comparison to my analogue set up.

Anyway, this evening after recalling an email correspondence with Nick Gorham some months ago, I decided to connect my Bel Canto CDP to my Longdog quartz turntable power supply MKII (intended, as most will already know, for Garrard and Lenco TTs). Without putting too fine point on it, the result was pretty damn startling- a Eureka moment no less. The soundstage immediately swept outwards and the nuance and rhythm returned. 'High' by the Blue Nile grabbed the hairs on my neck and thrust me deep into my chair. I added the highly rated DAC-3 some months ago (now sold to help finance my vinyl adventure) and the improvement was not as dramatic or pleasing as this one. High praise indeed.

I intend pursue this over a week or so to ensure it's not just one of these extreme 'manna from heaven' listening sessions that blesses us every now and then, however for now I'd say that if you have the LDA power supply and additional digital sources, this really is a must try...
    Last edited by da2222; 16-11-2019 at 21:49.

I'm Tony.

Yes, Nick's PSUs are rather good.

I use one to power a rpi3/digione signature and the sound is so much better than the Allo battery pack its silly...
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm John.

Within my local HiFi Group, when auditioning the LDA MKII on Idler and Belt Drives, there was a very positive impression left on all auditioners.
    I suggested the idea of attaching the LDA MKII to a CDP, but time was against the idea, so it did not take place.
    It looks like this device is a true all rounder for improving on a device that benefits from a clean mains signal.

I'm Barrington.

Quote Originally Posted by da2222 View Post
    As I'm currently awaiting a new cart for my TT I've had to briefly return to digital and specifically, spinning CDs. Over the last few days I've mentioned to several people that I was rather underwhelmed by the sound, which was somewhat flat and uninvolving in comparison to my analogue set up.

Anyway, this evening after recalling an email correspondence with Nick Gorham some months ago, I decided to connect my Bel Canto CDP to my Longdog quartz turntable power supply MKII (intended, as most will already know, for Garrard and Lenco TTs). Without putting too fine point on it, the result was pretty damn startling- a Eureka moment no less. The soundstage immediately swept outwards and the nuance and rhythm returned. 'High' by the Blue Nile grabbed the hairs on my neck and thrust me deep into my chair. I added the highly rated DAC-3 some months ago (now sold to help finance my vinyl adventure) and the improvement was not as dramatic or pleasing as this one. High praise indeed.

I intend pursue this over a week or so to ensure it's not just one of these extreme 'manna from heaven' listening sessions that blesses us every now and then, however for now I'd say that if you have the LDA power supply and additional digital sources, this really is a must try...
    Welcome to my world

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by mayebaza View Post
    Welcome to my world

Which LDA is that?

I'm Barrington.

Longdog Audio Quartz Turntable PSU MKII in black.

I'm Laurie.

I had mcru build me a lpsu for my melco ripper\drive to replace switch mode it came with. Did it primarily to improve rips which it did, but also improved cd playback. Not cheap but in context of system and improvement worthwhile.

+ Reply to Thread