+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nagaoka Cartridges

I'm Clint.

They really are great mm carts Laurie, love my MP200.

Rocco, do you have a link for the MP500 carts from Germany at all? Thanks for the info on this, most appreciated.

Clint H

I'm Clint.

HI Folks

Nagaoka MP500 just running in on my Hyperspace deck upgrade & sounding absolutely marvellous 7 albums in. It can only get better as the cart burns in. Happy!!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint H View Post
    HI Folks

Nagaoka MP500 just running in on my Hyperspace deck upgrade & sounding absolutely marvellous 7 albums in. It can only get better as the cart burns in. Happy!!
    Where did you buy it from and how much?? I might be temped.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Clint.

HI Mike

I got my MP500 from Cheshire Audio in Crewe £719. Analogue Seduction have them at £799. I got a fantastic deal on a ex demo Notts Analogue Hyperspace from Phil at Cheshire Audio so I got the cart from him too. He popped over last night & set everything up & i'm extremely happy, just the most wonderfully musical deck i've heard. I know I could of got the cartridge cheaper on ebay but the deal on the Hyperspace plus having a dealer 20 miles away for help & after sales assistance is more important to me. It really does sound good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Where did you buy it from and how much?? I might be temped.

I'm Mike.

HI Mike

I got my MP500 from Cheshire Audio in Crewe £719. Analogue Seduction have them at £799. I got a fantastic deal on a ex demo Notts Analogue Hyperspace from Phil at Cheshire Audio so I got the cart from him too. He popped over last night & set everything up & i'm extremely happy, just the most wonderfully musical deck i've heard. I know I could of got the cartridge cheaper on ebay but the deal on the Hyperspace plus having a dealer 20 miles away for help & after sales assistance is more important to me. It really does sound good.
    Well the replacement styli are pretty good value. Is it worth the jump in price over the MP200? Mind you did you hear the NAS with the mp200?
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Clint.

HI Mike

I definitely made the right choice re the MP500, it's like the MP200 only much better, just more of everything, it just sounds right to my ears. What it does do, along with the Hyperspace & the rest of my system is it disappears & just leaves me listening to the music, I have no desire anymore to upgrade my system, it sounds absolutely marvellous to me. The last piece of the jigsaw was the Hyperspace & MP500. I thought getting the Hyperspace would be overkill for the rest of my kit but if anything the new deck & cart makes everything else sound even better. I am a very happy chappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Well the replacement styli are pretty good value. Is it worth the jump in price over the MP200? Mind you did you hear the NAS with the mp200?

I'm James.

HI Mike

I definitely made the right choice re the MP500, it's like the MP200 only much better, just more of everything, it just sounds right to my ears. What it does do, along with the Hyperspace & the rest of my system is it disappears & just leaves me listening to the music, I have no desire anymore to upgrade my system, it sounds absolutely marvellous to me. The last piece of the jigsaw was the Hyperspace & MP500. I thought getting the Hyperspace would be overkill for the rest of my kit but if anything the new deck & cart makes everything else sound even better. I am a very happy chappy.
    What is the rest of your system Clint? I very nearly bought the Hyperspace myself, nice turntable. The MP500 is a fabulous cartridge BTW.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Clint.

HI James

I have a Sugden A21 Signature amp, Rothwell Simplex mm phono stage, Sonneteer Byron CDP & a set of Neat Motive 3 stand mount speakers which i've had for 5 years that I got for £550 instead of £950 as they were "slight seconds" Nothing wrong with them that I can see. These speakers were made for my room which is 13 foot square. Absolutely can't fault them. Heard lots of other speakers but theses things just sing in my room. Phil from Cheshire Audio who set my Hyperspace up on Monday even commented how good they worked in my room & how every component worked so well together. He is going to look into stocking Neat speakers so they must of made an impression on him. I really am happy with what i've got & it sounds wonderful together, just so musical. As I said, i'm a happy chappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    What is the rest of your system Clint? I very nearly bought the Hyperspace myself, nice turntable. The MP500 is a fabulous cartridge BTW.

I'm Carl.

I've owned a boat load of cartridges from AT95's to Koetsu's and everything in between but one of the standout carts for me over the years was the MP500. An absolutely beautiful cartridge with detail and colour. It was easy competitive with MC's up to a grand I had at the time and better than most budget MC's. Very nice cart and one I should never have sold. Given the price of them these days it would be painful to re-buy it though :-(

I'm Mike.

HI Mike

NAS have done me another massive and put a suitable armboard on my Interspace for virtually nothing, they are definitely my favourite company! Last year they put a new motor on it free of charge, not sure what I've done to deserve this! Supposed to be arriving tomorrow, will try it with my new arm - the Nima, and for now the mp200, but I think a move to the mp500 is imminent, even though I said i'd stay away from expensive carts after breaking an AT £400 one a few years back after only a few days use, that kinda left me numb. But, replacement styli for the MP500 are only £200 from Japan!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast